Some of you may have noticed earlier, i was looking for a great sounding pedal, and someone suggested a Jekyll and Hyde pedal. if you have already read that thread, then skip this part, as it has been said before...

I am looking for a pedal that can give me a wide variety of tones, from playing AC/DC to Jethro Tull to Fleetwood Mac. yes i am more of a classic rock person. i am planning on playing a Stratocaster, and have yet to find a good amp, so if you could suggest one as well as which pedal is better, it would be greatly appreciated.

So the question is, which is better, Mesa Boogie V Twin or Visual Sound Jekyll and Hide (i think its visual sound). and please, don't make your decision on reviews, i would rather a person who has played both could better advise me on the pedal.

I have also only been playing for about 2 years, so i won't notice that big of a tone difference if it is an extremely small one. Feel free to rant about me only playing two years and already spending money on a pedal if you really need too and i like Marshall amps, if someone could advise me on a good one i could use at small gigs in another year, i would appreciate it.
Quote by ozi223
Feel free to rant about me only playing two years and already spending money on a pedal if you really need too

Dude, two years and you haven't bought a pedal yet?

Got more willpower than me, that's fer sure.

I haven't A/B'd those two, but I did have a Jekyll and Hyde for quite a while. The Jekyll side is Tubescreamer-ish, and the Hyde side is more of a heavy distortion. I found myself not using the Hyde side all that much, so I traded it for an actual Tubescreamer with a guy that was looking for the heavier tones of the Hyde side..

That said, it was a good pedal, I'd snag another one used if given the chance.
I have the J&H and I really like it. I'm not a big TS guy so the Hyde side is my favorite. It's kind of like a dark sounding Rat. Sometimes I use the Jekyll side to boost another distortion pedal. I don't know anything about the V-Twin.