Just found out that with my small game license I can go out and hunt coyote year round. I figured I might exercise this right seeing as they kinda have been getting a little more ballsy out where I live lately, and I wanna keep my Beagle safe.
So any tricks to this trade?
Quote by SaintsofNowhere
You shoot it.

This.

I used to know a crazy bastard who would use hamburger meat to lure coyotes into a little shed he built in the woods and then ambush them and kill them with swords.

You could try that.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
Quote by dudetheman
This.

I used to know a crazy bastard who would use hamburger meat to lure coyotes into a little shed he built in the woods and then ambush them and kill them with swords.

You could try that.

I wish I knew more people like that
I was planning on throwing hunks of meat in my back pasture a few nights in a row before a full moon. On said full moon, I go out with either my wingmaster or .22. and wait
anyone with serious tips, do I need to get scent masker, will a .22 kill one easily, how far do I need to be from the bait, does anyone actually have any experience?
A coyote caller might help.
■■■
'member The Pit of 10'? oH, I 'member!

╚═ ▼▲▼▲▼═╝
.22 will not kill one easily, unless you get a headshot. It's kind of inhumane. here in michigan they're such a problem you're allowed to kill them on sight anytime without a permit or license
Quote by Sir-Shoelace
manliest string guage? barbed wire.

Founder Of the UG Slide Player's Guild, PM me If You're Really Feelin' Dem Blues

THE PIT
"better than your average psychiatrist"
Coyotes usually rely on ACME products, but they're pretty inefficient so that shouldn't really be a problem for you. I suggest falling anvils, hilariously useless blocks of shaped metal with the weight painted on the surface, luring them over cliffs or pianos to kill them.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Quote by epiless
anyone with serious tips, do I need to get scent masker, will a .22 kill one easily, how far do I need to be from the bait, does anyone actually have any experience?

EDIT: HERE'S YOUR ONLY SERIOUS ANSWER WOOHOO.

NO, a 22 won't kill them unless you want to sit there for 45 ****ing minutes watching a poor creature writhing in pain and dying slowly. Don't bait, that's not hunting and is most likely illegal in your state. There's really no reason to kill one, it's not protecting your dog. And you can't use any meat from a coyote.

Or, you could refer to my simple, wise, and all-explaining first post.

Last edited by SaintsofNowhere at Oct 22, 2009,
Quote by SaintsofNowhere
EDIT: HERE'S YOUR ONLY SERIOUS ANSWER WOOHOO.

NO, a 22 won't kill them unless you want to sit there for 45 ****ing minutes watching a poor creature writhing in pain and dying slowly. Don't bait, that's not hunting and is most likely illegal in your state. There's really no reason to kill one, it's not protecting your dog. And you can't use any meat from a coyote.

Or, you could refer to my simple, wise, and all-explaining first post.

All right shotgun it is.
I dont think it is illegal, ill check the regs, and yes it is protecting my dog, over the past two days some of my neighbors have lost dogs and cats. I have seen them out here.
I go all the time. just get so good camo and a beefy caliber rifle and a prederdore call sit wait call them in then shoot like hell
Quote by dudetheman
This.

You could try that.

What a badass. What kind of swords did he own?
Due what you want as long as you vote Due!
Quote by tayroar
What a badass. What kind of swords did he own?

I don't remember.

He had one that he called "The Beast" that was just a big, flat, rectangular piece of steel about five feet long that he had sharpened a blade onto one end of and wrapped the bottom of for a handle.

Like I said, he was a crazy bastard.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
By the way, if you're going out now, since it is deer season wear orange. You don't wanna get shot by some hunter who sees something moving do ya?
Quote by tayroar
By the way, if you're going out now, since it is deer season wear orange. You don't wanna get shot by some hunter who sees something moving do ya?

well i want them off my land and i only have about ten acres, so id be on my own land.
Quote by epiless
Just found out that with my small game license I can go out and hunt coyote year round. I figured I might exercise this right seeing as they kinda have been getting a little more ballsy out where I live lately, and I wanna keep my Beagle safe.

Sit on front porch with a tall glass of moonshine.
wait...................
keep waiting.................

Seriously, i think they walk the same paths regularly. Do a little scouting and see if you find some tracks or worn paths.

Edit: A riffle of any caliber can kill anything. A 22 will not drop a large animal on the spot, but thats not what you are trying to do. A 22 will cause a wound that will cause the animal to die.....a rather long miserable death that is.
epic7734
Last edited by epic7734 at Oct 22, 2009,
Quote by epic7734
Sit on front porch with a tall glass of moonshine.
wait...................
keep waiting.................

Seriously, i think they walk the same paths regularly. Do a little scouting and see if you find some tracks or worn paths.

I wanna bait them at night, set it up a few days before I want to kill them, so they get used to it, then BAM! dead. with a big hole in its body.
Quote by epiless
well i want them off my land and i only have about ten acres, so id be on my own land.

Yeah, but there are always poachers. I'm just saying it's better safe than sorry.
Quote by tayroar
Yeah, but there are always poachers. I'm just saying it's better safe than sorry.

It isn't riffle season yet is it?
Seems a little early.
epic7734
I don't see the point of baiting them to you; how about just watching your pets while they're outside?
Quote by herby190
I don't see the point of baiting them to you; how about just watching your pets while they're outside?

Protect your pets
or to kill Wile E. Coyote?
hm....
NRANNHLEILR
OETYSI LRNYS
TATOENYSGM
HLENEGMNRA
IL RENRAOET
NYSCOETTAT
GMAATATHLE

To me. Try, you know you want to^

Puberty
Quote by Will Swanson
I was surprised the first time I came. It shot two feet into the air. I couldn't stop laughing.
Use leg traps. They make hunting SO much easier. You don't have to worry about tracking, missing a vital organ, or all that tedious hiking. And, you can shoot them as many times with the .22 as you like... they aren't going anywhere!!
Quote by Pagan_Poetry
Sadly this is Ultimate-guitar, not Simple-guitar. We can't help you.

Quote by epiless

if you kill the coyote then it's friends with come find your mom and kill her..... sorry, that's just the way it is.... haven't you noticed? like when people shoot deer and wake up the next morning with a dead wife and an ass full of deer semen? it's the circle of life.....
If you want to shine like the sun first you must burn like it.
just make sure you don't become the hunted
Yours Sincerely,

Dr. Speakers
Last edited by speakers at Oct 23, 2009,