Okay, I have a Roland Cube 30x guitar amp, and I am wondering if it is possible to safely play a bass through it. I know very little about amp technology, so this is probably a really stupid question. If it's not possible, what's the absolute cheapest bass amp I can find?
He's a freak of nature, but we love him so.

Quote by John Frusciante
Music isn't the Olympics. It's not about showing other people what you can do with a piece of wood in your hands that has strings on, it's about making sounds that are good.
I appreciate you saving my amp from ownage :P So, how cheap can I buy a really basic bass amp?

Quote by John Frusciante
Music isn't the Olympics. It's not about showing other people what you can do with a piece of wood in your hands that has strings on, it's about making sounds that are good.
searchbar...

A guitar amp can't handle the frequency's a bass guitar puts out, but a bass amp can handle guitar's frequency's

So no, you cant play bass through a guitar amp, but you can play guitar through a bass amp.
05' G&L S-500
95' Godin LGX

96' Yamaha APX 6-A

Peavey Classic 30
Maxon OD808
Quote by danyellenik
searchbar...

A guitar speaker can't handle the frequency's a bass guitar puts out, but a bass amp can handle guitar's frequency's

So no, you cant play bass through a guitar amp, but you can play guitar through a bass amp.

Fixed. The amp will be fine...the speaker will probably die eventually though.
Bogner Ecstasy 101b
Sampson Era Bad Cat Black Cat 30R
1993 Mesa Dual Rectifier
Gibson Les Paul Custom (ebony)
Gibson SG Faded (brown)
Rickenbacker 650D
Eventide Timefactor
Diamond Memory Lane 2
Keeley Compressor (2 knob)
Korg Pitchblack
Quote by warplanegrey

+1

For one of Satch's albums, Stu Hamm used a Mini Colossal.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Oh lawdy, I'm sorry I didn't think to searchbar. Thanks for the answers you guys.

Quote by John Frusciante
Quote by warplanegrey

regardless of speaker the amp will still sound like poop, the eq controls are centered around a guitar's frequency range
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
Quote by justinb904
regardless of speaker the amp will still sound like poop, the eq controls are centered around a guitar's frequency range

OP wasn't asking about how it would sound so much as if it would be safe, which no, it wouldn't be, because the speaker would die from it not being able to handle bass frequencies.
Bogner Ecstasy 101b
Sampson Era Bad Cat Black Cat 30R
1993 Mesa Dual Rectifier
Gibson Les Paul Custom (ebony)
Gibson SG Faded (brown)
Rickenbacker 650D
Eventide Timefactor
Diamond Memory Lane 2
Keeley Compressor (2 knob)
Korg Pitchblack
Quote by justinb904

I use a guitar EQ pedal for my bass, I like it better than the bass version.