So pit I've decided it might be fun to learn piano. I know some theory and can read music so I have a basic grasp of piano and I've already learned a few songs that are just chords. Basically I've come to ask The Pit if they know any free websites that have good piano lessons. My current goal is to eventually play this, but I am currently very far from that, and when I am I hope I can do things harder than that.
Quote by cornmancer
So pit I've decided it might be fun to learn piano. I know some theory and can read music so I have a basic grasp of piano and I've already learned a few songs that are just chords. Basically I've come to ask The Pit if they know any free websites that have good piano lessons. My current goal is to eventually play this, but I am currently very far from that, and when I am I hope I can do things harder than that.

dude!!!!! check out this amazing website called youtube, its not very well known

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9lo2D8Fhbo
The Hanon book. Not pricey.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
get a piano lesson book. there is a series that my school has i believe it's called alfred's adult piano course and it has 3 books in it, all of which are very helpful and easy to understand.

or get a teacher
BASSLINES TO MAKE YOUR CHEST CAVITY SHUDDER.
Quote by blue_strat
Have you got a piano or keyboard of your own?

I do, it's only a 61 key keyboard, but you can't start with the best things ever can you?

Quote by ep1kz
get a piano lesson book. there is a series that my school has i believe it's called alfred's adult piano course and it has 3 books in it, all of which are very helpful and easy to understand.

or get a teacher

Money's a tad tight at the moment so a teacher is out of the equation.

Oh and to the guy who said youtube, did you just read the first sentence, click the link and assume the rest. Perhaps you didn't get the part where I said I only know some chords and that is way out of my reach.
Last edited by cornmancer at Oct 22, 2009,
Quote by cornmancer

Money's a tad tight at the moment so a teacher is out of the equation.

I posted the lesson for the Springsteen song bro. Shawn Cheek. Its easy.
Last edited by 100w at Oct 22, 2009,
get a 76 key keyboard once money permits. i have a yamaha YPG235 (i think thats what its called), it has 76keys and is only about $250. 61 key keyboards are VERY limited in terms of what you can play, but thats just my opinion, if you're okay with transposing everything down/up and octave feel free to.
BASSLINES TO MAKE YOUR CHEST CAVITY SHUDDER.
Quote by ep1kz
get a 76 key keyboard once money permits. i have a yamaha YPG235 (i think thats what its called), it has 76keys and is only about $250. 61 key keyboards are VERY limited in terms of what you can play, but thats just my opinion, if you're okay with transposing everything down/up and octave feel free to.

I agree I usually feel limited, the one or two songs I know usually fit, but I wish I had more. Of course if I had my way we would have a grand piano
Quote by cornmancer
I agree I usually feel limited, the one or two songs I know usually fit, but I wish I had more. Of course if I had my way we would have a grand piano

you said you can hardly play! i got to grade 6 using a small keyboard, its plenty just now.
Quote by 100w
you said you can hardly play! i got to grade 6 using a small keyboard, its plenty just now.

I know, but I can't help but want more. It's like GAS except with piano. It's not like I feel I can't play, I just wish I had a little more.
I have an 88 key upright piano! But honestly I don't really know of any online lessons, I took lessons from a teacher, so yeah. Whoever said Alfred's series, those are pretty good, i would recommend those
Quote by ThinLizzyFan
I love you

Who's in a bunker?
Who's in a bunker?
Women and children first
And the children first
And the children