Page 1 of 2
What do you all think?

I didn't mind it, obviously wasn't the best thing in the world but seemed to do better then the demetri martin show.
i honestly didn't mind dmitri martin. I thought it was awesome super dry humor. He kinda just let things happen.
I've liked Jeff Dunham ever since Comedy Central started running his specials. I thought his show was very funny, and I will be watching it on a regular basis. Compared to Demetri Martin, however, I like Demetri a lot more. His particular brand of dry humor just makes me ROFLMAO all the time. Even watching the reruns makes me laugh a lot.
He's a freak of nature, but we love him so.

Quote by John Frusciante
Music isn't the Olympics. It's not about showing other people what you can do with a piece of wood in your hands that has strings on, it's about making sounds that are good.
well I am not saying demetri was bad... but jeff kind of has the humor to make it further.. demetri requires some intellect.
Quote by fly fly fly
i honestly didn't mind dmitri martin. I thought it was awesome super dry humor. He kinda just let things happen.

+1

You just need to appreciate his quirky sense of humour.
has a terrible signature.
I didn't watch it because I'm under 45.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
well i got curious and it seems demetri is renewed for another season so we will see how that goes...
Quote by element4433
I didn't watch it because I'm under 45.

that makes no sense. its intended for a younger audience man
I thought it was pretty good from what I saw, but I was mainly watching The Office, which was hilarious.
Quote by stanrobertsmith
that makes no sense. its intended for a younger audience man
Then why are all his fans old people?
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by ehlert99
well I am not saying demetri was bad... but jeff kind of has the humor to make it further.. demetri requires some intellect.

+1. I enjoy his intellectual humor very much.
He's a freak of nature, but we love him so.

Quote by John Frusciante
Music isn't the Olympics. It's not about showing other people what you can do with a piece of wood in your hands that has strings on, it's about making sounds that are good.
Quote by element4433
Then why are all his fans old people?

Well, not all of them are... But he sure is popular with older folks...
Quote by ehlert99
psh his partner = guitar guy is syns dad so he appeals to all..

Syn... Syn...

That dude with the terrible tone from Avenged Sevenfold?
SORRY BUT

DEMETRI MARTIN > JEFF DUNHAM

unless your like 13 and haven't developed a good sense of humor
i liked jeff dunhams comdey central specials and all, but his show seems, well....kinda eh. not very funny at all, and seemed redundant of his other stuff.
TOMAHAWK!

"Now I think I understand how this world can overcome a man..."

R.I.P.
James THE REV Sullivan
Quote by melton100
Well, not all of them are... But he sure is popular with older folks...
Nope. 100% of his fans are old.
Quote by Zomby Woof
Jeff Dunham is funny, i'll admit. Demetri Martin had his moments, but comedy central really needs to get rid of Michael and Michael.
You shut your whore mouf. Michael and Michael is the best thing to happen to Comedy Central since Stella.

Plus you find Jeff Dunham funny, so it's not even like your opinion is valid.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Quote by element4433
Nope. 100% of his fans are old.You shut your whore mouf. Michael and Michael is the best thing to happen to Comedy Central since Stella.

I find Jeff Dunham funny, and Micheal and Micheal funny.

Is this akin to dividing by zero?
There's no way they will be able to come up with enough ideas to keep this show fresh. It was getting old and redundant during the first episode. I hope Dimitri gets another season though.
My Gear:
Custom Fender 62' Reissue Strat
Carvin Custom Shop DC400T
Jackson SL3 Soloist
Fender Super-Sonic 112
Boss GT-10

Quote by XianXiuHong
000-000-000-000-000
PM------------------------

You can now play every Slayer song.
Quote by element4433
Nope. 100% of his fans are old.You shut your whore mouf. Michael and Michael is the best thing to happen to Comedy Central since Stella.

I know many young people who enjoy his work, myself included.
But Michael and Michael is awesome...
Quote by crazy8rgood
I find Jeff Dunham funny, and Micheal and Micheal funny.

Is this akin to dividing by zero?
Nope, it just makes you half retarded.
Quote by Zomby Woof
too mean.
Tough love is the only way to get through to Jeff Dunham fans.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Quote by Zomby Woof
Actually, cancel Jeff's show, and just give Nick Swardson or Jim Gaffigan a show.

+1,000

Not necessarily Swardson, although he is fairly funny, but they NEED to give Jim Gaffigan a show. Gaffigan is the funniest man alive.
Quote by Rocker Extreme
+1,000

Not necessarily Swardson, although he is fairly funny, but they NEED to give Jim Gaffigan a show. Gaffigan is the funniest man alive.

Gaffigan's been on millions and bajillions of sitcoms. i would love for him to have his own show tho.

and yeah, dunham isn't funny. stand-up or show. neither have made me give anymore than a halfhearted chuckle
Quote by ehlert99
well i got curious and it seems demetri is renewed for another season so we will see how that goes...
hell yes
I really never liked Jeff Dunham, his stuff is usually funny, but there are A LOT of comedians i would put before him.
::type i'm here to stir the $h!t

Jon Stewart=Stephen Colbert> Demetri Martin>Lewis Black>Everything else on CC.

edit: How did I forget the Chapelle Show
Jon Stewart=Stephen Colbert>Demetri Martin>Dave Chapelle>Lewis Black>Everything else on CC.
Last edited by cornmancer at Oct 23, 2009,
Chappelle's Show > all.

That said though, I always found Jeff Dunham pretty annoying. Don't think I'll tune in anytime soon.
How I wish, how I wish
That the world, that the world
Had just one
THROAT
And my fingers were around it

Literature thread
I don't like Jeff Dunham at all. Demetri Martin, however, is a comedic genius.

And I really don't know what this has to do with anything but Syn from A7X has an amazing tone. And I'm not even one of those obsessed fanboys.
My band, Escher
My progressive rock project, Mosaic

Quote by Lappo
clearly, the goal is to convert every thread into a discussion about BTBAM

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
Quote by Rocker Extreme
+1,000

He's really funny, and I would watch his show, but there are far to many Monty Python members still alive for you to say that.
I think Comedy Central kinda kills comedian's by giving them their own show. They have to keep coming up with fresh material for their show, along with their stand up, and it burns them out.
Page 1 of 2