Page 1 of 5
I've been thinking recently about how the bible mentions humans were created only 7 days after God created Earth. How does this at all explain that ****ing dinosaurs lived on Earth for millions of years? Dinosaurs are never at all explained or mentioned in any bibles I have ever heard of. What do you guys think?
How do you know 7 days means 7 days?

How do you know 7 days doesn't mean 4 billion years?
Play the man, Master Ridley; we shall this day light such a candle, by God's grace, in England, as I trust shall never be put out.
Quote by yurfinlfntsy
How do you know 7 days means 7 days?

How do you know 7 days doesn't mean 4 billion years?

Huh?

EDIT: So are you saying the past week have really been 4 billion years??
god placed the fossils in earth to confuse the humans into thinking that earth is older than it actually is, therefore, making men try and think outside the box....

just kidding, there is no god
Schecter C-1 Classic in Seethru blue <333
Schecter Damien FR
Roland AC-60 acoustic amp
Boss GE-7 EQ
Line6 Ubermetal Distortion
Sigma Dx Acoustic
did you ever wonder why almost every in the bible has to do with 40 days? noah's flood, jesus' walk in the desert, etc. it's all symbolic. i honestly don't think anyone was sitting there, counting days as the big guys up there made everything
Quote by Nakon14

Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Crate GTD65
Vox DA5
^^ That's right..the Old Testament is filled with symbolism and poetic devices. This is where many literalists go wrong.
Dinosaurs = People

Just really large, mutant human beings. Although we have ascended beyond our scaly skin and rather large heads, some of us still have freakish body parts. Such as monster cock.
Quote by KileManA7X
Huh?

The Bible was written by man, not by God. How do you know if God dictated the Bible that he used the 7 days allegory to represent this huge gap of time, which people at that time could not comprehend due to there being no real system of science or math?
Play the man, Master Ridley; we shall this day light such a candle, by God's grace, in England, as I trust shall never be put out.
Quote by Bandit Eagle
I believe somewhere in there it says that God used pieces from other worlds to create the world. Some have the theory that Dinosaurs were on the other worlds.

Really please tell me where I can find that I don't remember anything that said that
Quote by yurfinlfntsy
The Bible was written by man, not by God. How do you know if God dictated the Bible that he used the 7 days allegory to represent this huge gap of time, which people at that time could not comprehend due to there being no real system of science or math?

Well while he was at it couldn't he say there was life before humans?
Well see, God placed the fossils here to test humanity's faith in the Lord. Anyone who can't clearly tell that it's a clever trick is unworthy of Heaven..

Lulz, just kidding. The simple explanation is that whether or not God exists (Agnostic here, so I'm in the middle of the road), the Bible is not correct. It defies both science and history numerous times, and has no evidence for most of its claims. If there is a God, I don't think it's anything like the God from the Bible.
He's a freak of nature, but we love him so.

Quote by John Frusciante
Music isn't the Olympics. It's not about showing other people what you can do with a piece of wood in your hands that has strings on, it's about making sounds that are good.
Quote by KileManA7X
Well while he was at it couldn't he say there was life before humans?

In Genesis, he creates animals and fish before he creates humans.
Quote by yurfinlfntsy

+1
TABBERS WANTED
If you are interested, and are up to it, please PM me for more info on the song.
Yes, it's just one song in particular, theres no shredding or fast solos.
It is a mellow, instrumental, clean, song.
In a number of instances in the Bible, a 'day' refers to a thousand years. Notice how it was said to Adam something like "if you eat the forbidden fruit, in that day you will surely die". Adam lived 960 years if I'm not mistaken.

I'm at work and don't have a bible for references but you catch my drift.
Quote by yurfinlfntsy
In Genesis, he creates animals and fish before he creates humans.

Yeah but he never said anything about huge dinosaurs
It says in the Bible (several times I believe) that God's time is not equal to our time. So 7 days to God could very easily be billions of years to us.
Quote by KileManA7X
Yeah but he never said anything about huge dinosaurs

Why would God call them dinosaurs? They're reptiles. Animals. They have no intended name at that time.
Quote by Zinnie
god placed the fossils in earth to confuse the humans into thinking that earth is older than it actually is, therefore, making men try and think outside the box....

Sigged. Awesome.
Quote by Zinnie

www.youtube.com/user/andrew12398
Quote by Le_Bunny
In a number of instances in the Bible, a 'day' refers to a thousand years. Notice how it was said to Adam something like "if you eat the forbidden fruit, in that day you will surely die". Adam lived 960 years if I'm not mistaken.

Wow interesting 960 years huh?

C'mon

And why does God talk to all the people in the old testament but he dosnt talk to me or anyone else I know?
Quote by Le_Bunny

I'm not sure if he meant die as in "pass on from your physical body", but more of a symbolic death.
But i do agree with you on the "day" thing. Our "day"s are a complete rotation of the earth, God CREATED the earth, why would he base his "day"s on ours? although yes it is all symbolic.
TABBERS WANTED
If you are interested, and are up to it, please PM me for more info on the song.
Yes, it's just one song in particular, theres no shredding or fast solos.
It is a mellow, instrumental, clean, song.
The Bible is awesome. Revelation is so badass, I mean, dragons and angels and the devil having an epic battle in the clouds? Badass.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Quote by KileManA7X

C'mon

And why does God talk to all the people in the old testament but he dosnt talk to me or anyone else I know?

Jesus hates you?
Quote by Zinnie

www.youtube.com/user/andrew12398
Quote by andrew12398
Jesus hates you?

rofl well thts fine cuz I hate his ass too

Quote by Zero-Hartman
The Bible is awesome. Revelation is so badass, I mean, dragons and angels and the devil having an epic battle in the clouds? Badass.

Lol u mean like Paradise Lost? It's interesting cuz I have never seen dragons, angels or devils. I must be mentally retarded...

Last edited by KileManA7X at Oct 22, 2009,
Here kid, I'll go ahead and give you some spoilers, God doesn't exist. Seriously all the animals in the world being within walking distance of Noah's house, God intending to wipe out everything in the world to start again, yet fish wouldn't die, nor ducks, etc. Jonah living in a "big fish," and Jesus's first "miracle" being turning water into wine (yeah If I was an alcoholic I would be impressed). There are millions of contradictions in religion, but of course that's why you have to have faith, it's all mystery and God's ways are higher than ours. Also, this should probably go in the Religion thread.
Quote by Senor Kristian
Viking fact no. 1: Viking helmets did not have horn.
Viking fact no. 2: Vikings tobogganed on their shields into battle.
Viking fact no. 3: Vikings drank mead.
Viking fact no. 4: One of your ancestors are likely to have been raped by a viking.
Quote by KileManA7X
I've been thinking recently about how the bible mentions humans were created only 7 days after God created Earth. How does this at all explain that ****ing dinosaurs lived on Earth for millions of years? Dinosaurs are never at all explained or mentioned in any bibles I have ever heard of. What do you guys think?

No kidding. They were like everywhere back then.......wait,.......you didn't know. Dude i can't believe no one told you.

GOD WAS THE MUTHAF'ING T-REX man.

That and the whole copy right infringement issue with Freak'n Cain.
epic7734
Last edited by epic7734 at Oct 22, 2009,
Quote by KileManA7X

Luke 16: 19-31.

Also, some Biblical scholars believe that there is a refernce to dinosaurs in the book of Job. I forget where it is exactly...
on a side note: the extinction of dinosaurs paved the way for mammals to become a more dominant species; thus the billions of humans on earth today
Quote by KileManA7X

C'mon

Yep, why so skeptical?

There is a perfectly valid explanation, but I'm not going to bother. I doubt you'd be willing to listen to it, so there's no point in starting a debate.
SPOILER ALERT:
There is no god.
#57 in UG Top 100 2010!

I really ought to get my username changed...
Quote by andrew12398
Sigged. Awesome.

hahaha thank you
Schecter C-1 Classic in Seethru blue <333
Schecter Damien FR
Roland AC-60 acoustic amp
Boss GE-7 EQ
Line6 Ubermetal Distortion
Sigma Dx Acoustic
Quote by Shinsen88
Actually if you read the Bible (which I'm fairly certain you haven't done) there are several allusions that are thought to possibly refer to dinosaurs.

Look buddy I went to catholic school for 10 years and went to church every Sunday. I know my shit pretty well thank you.
I'm pretty sure theres a part of the bible people left out of all the people in the old testament beating the shit out of dinosaurs and all the like.

I would read the bible if it had that.
Quote by KileManA7X
Look buddy I went to catholic school for 10 years and went to church every Sunday. I know my shit pretty well thank you.

Then why are you asking why the Bible doesn't mention dinosaurs?
Page 1 of 5