My kit is a pearl rhythm traveler. I ported the kick drum, silken high hats, silken crash, pearl crash/ride (came with the kit), meinl ride, paiste3 splash, and a chine that I made from the crap pearl high hats that came with the kit

I am recording with 4 mics (the kick, 2 condensors, and the snare mic from a cad pro 7 kit) into a Tascam US 1641 into reaper.

How does it sound?

http://stash.reaper.fm/4001/Drum mic test.mp3

The OH, snare and kick tracks are at their default volume levels (0.0db). If I turn down the kick or snare tracks it makes a very slight difference....(they can be heard in the OH tracks but they dont sound as full/good) is this normal?

also, in the beginning of the sound file when I hit the toms individually, you can hear the snare rattle (mostly with the smallest tom; the first one) how can I fix this? I tried tuning the toms differently and it ends up with either that amount of rattle or a lot more...

btw, sorry for the drumming being all over the place...i just wanted to get as many sounds as I could in the smallest amount of time :/
Last edited by bboyjon at Oct 22, 2009,
not too shabby man, are you using studio rings on your drum heads?
nah, I dont have studio rings, I am using moon gels though (on my snare and 3 toms)
also, in the beginning of the sound file when I hit the toms individually, you can hear the snare rattle (mostly with the smallest tom; the first one) how can I fix this? I tried tuning the toms differently and it ends up with either that amount of rattle or a lot more...
You can gate the snare.
Gear:
Epi Les Paul Custom w/ 57 classic plus & burstbucker pro
Gibson SG Limited Edition, Crescent Moon Inlays
Dr. Z SRZ-65
Egnater 4x12 cab w/ Vintage 30s