So I just got a new Epiphone Les Paul Standard a couple weeks ago and love it but have started to notice what a chore it is to bend strings. It didn't seem to bother me at first but all of a sudden it just seems like the strings won't budge. I replaced the stock strings with some D'addario .10s, a while back which I have on other guitars and it doesn't bother me. What do you think could be the problem? I'm especially curious because as far as I can tell the strings are getting harder and harder to bend, to the point where I literally have to use all of my possible force to get a full tone bend on the B and E strings, where usually it's no problem. Any ideas?
the intonation probly isint set up for .10s epiphones are set up stock for .09s that may be contributing to the problem
Quote by Dr.feelgud
the intonation probly isint set up for .10s epiphones are set up stock for .09s that may be contributing to the problem

This most likely. Being that gibson/epiphones have a shorter scale length they should be easier to bend on then most guitars.
*lust list*
Vox tone lab
Vox ac50
satchurator
satches time machine
vintage phase 90
Money towards this gear = $0.00

Quote by Doctor Matthews
Yeah I dreamt I was fighting Master Hand, but then I woke up to realize I was jackin' it in my sleep.
My Epi Les Paul Standard doesn't seem to make any sort of problems for me, you should get that checked out. I think I might need to be set up at a guitar shop.
If you raise the Stop Bar it will give the strings more slack. You don't have to do anything with your bridge except a a re-intonation might be needed. Very simple and it makes bending easier. If you find this not to work, go for lighter gauge strings or top wrap your strings.
Epi Les Paul Standard
Vox AD50VT
I play a Epi LP Standard and use .11s...
I LOVE bending and will do it all day with relative ease.
Probably the setup
1. Action might be too high, or something else wonky with the bridge.
2. If that doesn't work, you could try top-wrapping it.