Basically, I've been hunting for a new wah pedal. I was absolutely blown away when I tried the KH95 as someone who's skeptical of signature pedals, and until recently, I've had my eyes set on it or an Ibanez WH10 when I can finally find a store with it in stock so I can have a shootout between the two, but earlier today a friend lent me a copy of Pearl Jam's album Ten, and Mike's wah tone is very close to what I've always been looking for out of wah pedals. Does anyone know what he was using back in 91'? Because I'd love to hear it next to the WH10 and KH95 to make sure I'm happy with which one I go with.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 4-5
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 92-54
Guitargeek says in '97 he was using a Dunlop 535 Crybaby. That's the best I could find.

http://guitargeek.com/rigview/256/
Alvarez dreadnought
Gibson SG
EC-1000
Homemade Strat (seymour duncan classic stack p/ups)
Vox Tonelab (original desktop model) with full board footswitch
Vox AD50
Hmm...well, I suppose that's better than nothing. I actually was considering a 535Q for a time before I read about the WH10 being reissued. I've heard it sucks tone though, is that true or just a friend of mine exaggerating?

I have a 535Q and you can deffo get some "Ten" sounds out of it. And it's not tone sucking, it has true bypass.
Hmm...when I hand in an application to a local shop since my summer job ended, I suppose I'll stick around and play around with the floor 535Q then. Much appreciated for clearing that up.

just get the kh95, i love mine and got rid of my cfh and my wylde wah after getting it
Member of the Schecter Hellraisers
Gear:
Esp Ltd KH-603, Schecter c-1+ and Epiphone Les Pauls
Carvin amps, Sperzel Trim-Lok, Emg active pickups only, Tonepros bridges.
Hey there...good question. If you check them out in '92 on YouTube the odd camera shot of MM's pedalboard looks suspiciously like a Morley. Hope that helps.
I distinctly remember reading 535q wah on a few sites. Unfortunately one of the best sites I've found for Pearl Jam's gear I can't get on anymore, keeps warning me of malware.

EDIT: The site is giventowail.com for future reference but it's down at the moment. It listed his gear from album to album.
Last edited by aaronni at Oct 23, 2009,