ok im having a little problem.
i power on my amp, let it heat it for a few minutes, and when i flip it off standby the singnal seems to cut in and out. it does this for a minute or so and then after that it is good to go.
any ideas?
i didnt think this was a cable issue so i didnt check em all, and i didnt want to dissmantle mah pedalboard.
tubes are fairly new .
amp is about 5 years old so its out off warranty and i dont want to pay to have a tech look at it. i was thinking maybe a bad connection with a power tube? gonna hit all the tubes and sockets with some deoxit tomorrow and see if that does anything
all help would be appreciated
GEAR
Schecter Tempest Custom
B-52 AT-100
Mesa 2x12
Korg Pitchblack
Boss NS-2
BBE Green Screamer
Line 6 DL4
My guess is that your power tubes could be dying. How old are they exactly?

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
Quote by Dr.Pain-MD
My guess is that your power tubes could be dying. How old are they exactly?
well i really hope not. there only 2 or 3 months old. the amp has been doing this for about a month now so i think if the tube was bad it would have gone by now.
and once the signal stops cutting in and out the amp performs perfectly not even a hiccup.
if there was a connection somewhere in there that was going bad would it cause something like this? maybe once it get some current going through it and it heats up it good to go??
idk, i know nothing of these sorts of things..
GEAR
Schecter Tempest Custom
B-52 AT-100
Mesa 2x12
Korg Pitchblack
Boss NS-2
BBE Green Screamer
Line 6 DL4
buuuump
GEAR
Schecter Tempest Custom
B-52 AT-100
Mesa 2x12
Korg Pitchblack
Boss NS-2
BBE Green Screamer
Line 6 DL4
Was the amp biased when the new power tubes went in? My guess is they were either not biased close enough together or they were biased too hot potentially. In most tube amps the plate voltage needs to be biased (adjusted) so they work in pairs and work within the parameters that the amp manufacturer intended. In a 100w amp typically the two inner power tubes work as a pair and the two outer tubes work as a pair.

I'm not an amp tech so I'm guessing to some degree that your power tubes are slowly dying or letting you know they are not happy. What do they look like when the amp is powered on. All they all lit dimly and consistently? Can you tell us more about what was done when you got new tubes?

Thanks for starting your own thread.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Was the amp biased when the new power tubes went in? My guess is they were either not biased close enough together or they were biased too hot potentially. In most tube amps the plate voltage needs to be biased (adjusted) so they work in pairs and work within the parameters that the amp manufacturer intended. In a 100w amp typically the two inner power tubes work as a pair and the two outer tubes work as a pair.

I'm not an amp tech so I'm guessing to some degree that your power tubes are slowly dying or letting you know they are not happy. What do they look like when the amp is powered on. All they all lit dimly and consistently? Can you tell us more about what was done when you got new tubes?

Thanks for starting your own thread.

well the amp has a tri-mode rectifier and in mode A it runs class A power with a fixed bias on the power tubes. i always run the amp in this mode so i didn't think biasing was necessary. when they are on they are all glowing brightly. not abnormaly overly bright, but bright.
GEAR
Schecter Tempest Custom
B-52 AT-100
Mesa 2x12
Korg Pitchblack
Boss NS-2
BBE Green Screamer
Line 6 DL4
Quote by intoodeep4182
if there was a connection somewhere in there that was going bad would it cause something like this? maybe once it get some current going through it and it heats up it good to go??
Heat can change the conductivity of a bad solder joint. I have a Fender Pro Jr that's doing something like this. I've been meaning to pull the circuit board out and go through all the solder connections and touch up any that look suspect.
Its the B-52, right?

Mine had a similar problem when I got it used...but it was just a power tube that wasn't seated correctly.
Quote by eyebanez333
Its the B-52, right?

Mine had a similar problem when I got it used...but it was just a power tube that wasn't seated correctly.

ya its the at-100.
GEAR
Schecter Tempest Custom
B-52 AT-100
Mesa 2x12
Korg Pitchblack
Boss NS-2
BBE Green Screamer
Line 6 DL4