Ive got into this BAD habit of not learning songs. like when i download a tab, i look and i go, To hard. or somthing like that. no matter how hard i want to. i CANT learn songs. i have the skills from writing my own riffs, sweeping ect. but how can i get past this bad stuff

Cheeers Fellowguitarist
NOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOM
Schecter Damien special. ♥
Pod X3 Live. ♥
^^^, One winning combination.
LRN2SPELL.

J/k. Just sit down & practice. It helps to listen to the song sometimes too & match the parts in the tab to the actual song. Also, use a metronome if you have trouble with the timing.
well if you struggle to read a tab and your teaching yourself how to play why not check out a few vids on youtube? they are really good for getting begginers going
Quote by fellowguitarist
Ive got into this BAD habit of not learning songs. like when i download a tab, i look and i go, To hard. or somthing like that. no matter how hard i want to. i CANT learn songs. i have the skills from writing my own riffs, sweeping ect. but how can i get past this bad stuff

Cheeers Fellowguitarist

Try skipping the tab part.

Listen to the song & figure it out.

Personally I find it more inspiring, maybe you will too.
shred is gaudy music
Learn chords dude. Most songs are made from them.
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud
Most of you guys aren't understanding TS. I have the same problem. Lack of incentive to learn songs. I don't really like playing songs that already exist, at least on my own. I value composition much more than actual playing, and I consider myself mostly a musician, not a guitar player. The thing is, my improvement in technique gets really held back by this.
I had classical guitar lessons for 6 years and I think that's the only think that prevents me from sucking at guitar. If I didn't have to have certain songs ready on some date, I wouldn't have commited at all...