Page 1 of 2
So I have this huge first year philosophy paper due in about 8 hours. I'm halfway finished and I'm out of ideas. I'm thinking of smoking a joint to maybe get my juices flowing better. Does anyone here get high before writing essays and find it to be a good idea?
GEAR:
Vantage Ghost Gibson "The Paul" copy
Fender FM-100H half-stack
Regal vintage 30W class A amp head (handcrafted in Montreal)
Probably not, it might end up all "Dude if we got this huge crate of lobsters and mated them with my little sister, would the result be crime fighting lobster babies?
Of course that's a good idea
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
Lol. No. Philosophy actually requires you to be able to think clearly. Don't go there.
Just because it's simple, doesn't mean it's bad.
I don't know about weed and philosophy, but I know booze and differential equations is a great combination.

So I don't see why yours wouldn't work.
There will probably be a signature here at some point.
Most people over exaggerate the effects of Marijuana... Go for it, particularly with philosophy it will help open your mind to new ideas which is basically what philosophy is all about right?
Angel's stone
Obnoxious truth? Blatant lies? Begin to divine paranoia's guise.
Never worked for me. I can't focus, always end up writing songs.
Quote by metabolicmaggot
Win. +1 cookie for hide the beer.

my brothers in philosophy, and smoking actually helps him. hes very philosophical to begin with though
A friends father told of a guy he knew in college who dropped acid before taking a philosophy test and wrote the word "mirror" about 2000 times.
Quote by CoreysMonster
A friends father told of a guy he knew in college who dropped acid before taking a philosophy test and wrote the word "mirror" about 2000 times.

lol. friends father
better smoke the joint than be in the pit if you've got 8 hours to do the essay mate
You'll think it's amazing at the time, turn it in, get a D, look over and again and realize that it's utter shit.
kill all humans
don't. I took a quiz like that and failed. I'd read the questiona nd forget what the question was about
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
If you want ideas going for a walk is a great thing to do.

I know if I smoked a joint all I'd end up doing is giggling and eating crisps.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
I like to masturbate when I smoke weed. I think writing a paper is a great idea. I've written many of my papers in high school and all of them in college after smoking a joint or two. And of course, after a masturbation session.
Quote by tatotato
No, man.

You should have smoked the joint earlier and written down your ideas. Then you could have structured them while sober.

This.

Not to mention correct sentence fragments, run-on sentences, ridiculous typos, etc.

It could potentially be helpful for constructing an outline, but when you procrastinate like you did, it will just hurt.
Quote by tatotato
No, man.

You should have smoked the joint earlier and written down your ideas. Then you could have structured them while sober.

This, because of

Quote by alaskan_ninja
You'll think it's amazing at the time, turn it in, get a D, look over and again and realize that it's utter shit.

this.

Philosophy is hard, it's a good idea to be thinking clearly when writing.
Quote by Prophet of Page
If Hendrix, Clapton and Page were to jam, the most impressive guitarist playing would be Paul Gilbert.

Member of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM apocalypse13 or altronataku to join

member of the Mitch Hedberg pwns club pm Knives490 to join
My advice would be to do it if you have time to revise after. That's what me and a friend did for our writing when we first started a band; we'd get stoned as hell, write something, then the next morning, go back and clean it up once we were thinking clearly.

Edit:
Quote by tatotato
Basically this.
Last edited by herby190 at Oct 23, 2009,
granted it was only 11th grade, but being AP and getting consistant near 100%s on essays [also a 5 on AP] i can attest to smoking before an essay as it was my main strategy. I kinda have a natural talent at english and am too lazy to actually read the books they make you read [unless theyre good like tale of two cities, frankenstein, ect] and so being high kinda tones be down when i have to write an essay and come up with some shit outta nowhere.
Currently Playing:
Arma 2/3, Dayz, GW2, GTA, Splinter Cell, ESO, FF:X, Pokemon X
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
Quote by CTFOD
I remember when I first read that.

I was drinking applejuice.

It ended up coming out of my nose from laughter, and landing on my pizza rolls.

DO YOU REALIZE HOW ****ING ACID APPLEJUICE IS!!!!?!

Well, I do.
go for it

is the essay on the "yes"link supposed to be blank ?
-JBSwreckfest
Last edited by jbswreckfest at Oct 23, 2009,
It kinda depends what the topic is and how comfortable you are with philosophy. But, seeing as it's a first year class, if you're clever enough you can probably get away with it.

What is the topic?
Quote by BeefWellington

what's the point in being "philiosophical"?

Interesting question...
pot - no
lsd - yes

████████████████████

███████████████████████
███████████████████████

█████████████████████

███████████████████████

█████████████████████

█████████████████████

███████████████████

█████████████████████

████████████████████
Quote by speedy1330
pot - no
lsd - yes

Have you ever tried writing anything on LSD? Non es buenno por essay.
Quote by BeefWellington

what's the point in being "philiosophical"?

Interesting question...
thats a terrible idea, but if youre even considering it you should give it a shot. you might learn something
Page 1 of 2