Page 1 of 2
Hmm .. how old wore you when you started playing? I remember i was 7 years old and i hated guitar because it was too big for me and i wanted to play Metal stuff but i played 7 years of clasic.. But it helped my fingers and my music thinking |
|
\ /
`
I was 19.. I'm now 21. Not a very musical person, but my love for the music I like kind of forced me into playing. Just couldn't ignore such tastey riffs ^^
Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.
Wow 7, nice.

I started when I was 14, just before my 15th birthday. Im 19 next Friday so that's a decent 4/5 years now. Can't even play anything decent apart from Rhythm Guitar haha.
I started playing when i was 11, im only 15 now but still, im glad i started young.
A couple of months before I turned 17.
404: Sig not found.
Quote by guitarman161
Well i`m 15 now too but i started 7 so If you want to see how i play www.myspace.com/trueamber .. Yep i know that now 10 guys will say that i`m advertising but i`m just showing ! And if you have some links and stuff of your playing post them here !

That Intro is amazing
I can see the Pantera Influences there, am I right?

No offense though , I think you should get a new singer
Last edited by grimms at Oct 23, 2009,
Hey man am.. In the demo we recorded (www.myspace.com/trueamber) right? We are still whit the former vocal we changed him.You can hear the new vocal here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkUwfxqzP8g&feature=player_profilepage We will record the new songs with him. (But in our myspace don`t listen to the vocal just listen to the instumental music) Cheers !
i was around 13/14. im now 16, turning 17 in january.. i improved heaps from playing at the jams, and im giving lessons, so Id say im pretty good.
Quote by element4433
One time I watched a dog lick his own dick for twenty minutes.

Quote by Roc8995
No.

Well, technically it could be done, but only in the same way that you could change a cat into a hamburger. It's an unpleasant process, and nobody is happy with the result.
11, so... a little over 3 years ago. I've come a long way.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Well I'm going to get my first guitar in about two months lol, but I'm in a guitar class right now so I guess I have already started playing. I'm 15.
Started when I was 15, I'm 18 now.
Quote by C O B H C
If you want to get really technical about it..

1. Grab sticks.
2. Bang sticks on drums.

^how to play drums.

UG POKER
Picked it up just over a year ago, im now 18 and ive just hit a wall with my playing :S sad times...
Guitars
Ibanez RG350MYE
Yamaha Pacifica 012
Tanglewood Evo Exotic TSF CE XFM

Amps
Vox Night Train w/ V112NT
Vox Valvetronix VT30

GAS List
MIA Strat
Schecter Blackjack ATX C-7
Diezel VH4

"Negative, I am a meat popsicle"
started on a classical
now i have a js
and hopefully a vox ac15 soon
what a diffrence
Survivor of:
Maryland Deathfest X
Maryland Deathfest XI
Maryland Deathfest XII
6 ... some 39 years ago.

In 1970 I started with a 3/4 scale acoustic for a year. Then to a semi-hollow electric for 6 years. It died and I got a solid body (Les Paul style) electric. Over the years I have played 6 strings, 12 strings, and bass. Sold the 12 string and basses decades ago, and have recently added them back to my herd and then some.

Its funny how things come back around... and the wife isn't happy about it.
--- Joe ---
77 Bradley LPC || 07 PRS CE22 || 11 PRS MC58 Artist || 95/02 Fender Strat || 99 Gibson LP DC Std Lite
06 Ovation Elite-T || 12 Martin GPCPA4
Boss GT100 || Peavey Stereo Chorus 400 || Peavey Bandit 75 || Roland JC77
22 or 23 long enough ago I do not remember since I will be 47 in a couple weeks. It is long enough ago that I can become a professional crapy player.
Bhaok

The following statement is true. The proceeding statement is false.
I was like 13, now I'm 18
02 MiM Telecaster-----\__Digitech Whammy__TS-10__535q__DE-7__6505+ 112
91 Heartfield Talon II-/
43. I was doing night shifts and had time to kill. Its not all bad though,because I could afford to buy some nice vintage amps and guitars.That was seven years ago and I've played every day since. i even take a 1960s 6 watt valve amp and one of my guitars on holiday .
Last edited by marantz1300 at Oct 23, 2009,
Quote by Todd Hart
Shooting your friends with a real gun is a definite faux pas.

Quote by mystical_1
Professor Plum in the Studio with a new Amp

Quote by snipelfritz
If only I were the only one at home right now. I don't need my parents asking who Mr. Wiggles is.
15, but I didn't take it even a little seriously until I was 17. I'm 18 now, and I can play a lot of stuff, but I'm not particularly good at any of it.
17, im now 18, so a year and a little bit
It's always the last day of summer and I've been left out in the cold with no door to get back in
16...in 3 weeks i'm 17
“Any problem you can't solve with a good guitar, is either, unsolvable or isn't a problem.”
6 yrs old.
(۳ ˚Д˚۳
WTFISTHIS****!?!??

My Rig

Quote by SimplyBen
Wait until he's trying the fullstack, then shove it from behind. Crushing him with it's overdrive

Quote by BobDetroit
You can't tune a LP copies down. Some kind of lawsuit Gibson won. Sorry.
I was a late bloomer... I started at 35, I am now 39, just got the bug to want to learn and haven't stopped since.

Gibson SG Classic
Laguna LE 422
Dean Razorback
Washburn LK60PS
Fender Bass
Ibanez Acoustoc/Electric
Marshall MG 15HFX Microstack
Line 6 Spider III Amp

Remeber...... Every where you go, there you are!
Starteddd when i was 10, now i'm 17.

For the first few years it was a case of picking it up and down and strumming the odd power chord, so i never improved...
But now over the past 2 years i've really started to improvee.
I was either 14 or 15....now 28...been playing for a while now and still loving it and still learning and progressing everyday.
Gear
Jackson RR24M - EMG ALX w/ ABQ installed
Ibanez Xiphos - stock
LTD Alexi 600 - stock
Ibanex RG - Tone Zone(bridge), PAF Pro(neck)
Blackstar HT-20H
Fulltone OCD
MXR 10 Band EQ
13 or 14 can't remember. 22 now, but the amount of time I play now can't compare to how much I played back then.
I started playing when i was 14, although now I wish I would have started back when I first found my calling in music, the first time I listened to Iron Maiden.
Guitar:
Jackson DX10D Dinky
Ibanez Tone Blaster 150w head
Line Six 4x12 cab
Marshall MG10CD
Dunlop Crybaby from Hell

Bass:
Ibanez ATK
Random ass EQ thing that's not even a real bass amp
1x18 2x10 cab
Quote by MetalHead916
13 or 14 can't remember. 22 now, but the amount of time I play now can't compare to how much I played back then.

I feel you on that one. I remember playing from the time I got home till dinner and then until bed....6-8 hours easily a day....now i'm lucky if I get 2-3 a day.
Gear
Jackson RR24M - EMG ALX w/ ABQ installed
Ibanez Xiphos - stock
LTD Alexi 600 - stock
Ibanex RG - Tone Zone(bridge), PAF Pro(neck)
Blackstar HT-20H
Fulltone OCD
MXR 10 Band EQ
Page 1 of 2