I acquired an Ibanez RGA121NTF today and its got a set of v8/v7 Ibanez pickups. Naturally I want to change these out and drop tune this guitar to hell. I have an ESP Eclipse in Drop C with an EMG 81/60 set which is decent but I think there must be a better combo. I've considered an EMG 85 for the bridge but don't know what to grab for the neck. Suggestions for bridge and neck are needed. I will be playing metalcore type stuff like Parkway Drive, and Dead to Fall. I'm looking for a tight sounding set that delivers my precious pinch harmonics.

Replies about string gauges and whatnot need not apply, I know what to do.

e: To clarify, its an H/H setup.
Trendiness!
ESP Eclipse II
Gibson Explorer
Ibanez RG2610e
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier
Last edited by Reesh at Oct 23, 2009,
Anything active. Then it's more about personal choice.
Quote by aldo47
(i thought hot strings would make me finger faster.)
so i tried to set my strings on fire by putting a lighter on the high e string n it cut it so wtf??!!? i passed the lighter rrly slowly by it for less then a sec n then it snapped...
seymour duncan blackouts. mick thomson uses them in drop A.
Jackson DK2M
ESP LTD M-200FM w/Tone Zone + PAF Pro
Ibanez RG7321
Digitech Whammy IV
Digitech GSP1101
Furman M-10 LxE
Peavey 6505
ISP Decimator
Quote by sammo_boi
seymour duncan blackouts. mick thomson uses them in drop A.
+1

I have a single in my single pickup Fender. It is amazing. Turned a halfway decent sounding guitar to amazing. And you drop tune & those are even more amazing! I tried it in Drop D & wow... /drool
Last edited by crazysam23_Atax at Oct 23, 2009,
Yeah, from what i've heard alot of people prefer Blackouts to EMG's, can't say i've used them myself.
bareknuckle warpigs
Seymour duncan blackouts
the new EMG X series
or
DImarzio d-sonic and air norton maybe
ive been using a dimarzio x2n in a RG570 in Drop B and C#.
Very easy to get harmonics, sounds good for riffing but its pretty bright(which i think is good for dropped tunings) and loud.
I'm running my dual rec on modern, spongy and vacuum tubes. I sacrifice a bit of bottom end tightness but i love the gain and the tones.

My friend wont let me drop tune his d-sonics even to drop D, so i can't help with that one.
2005 Ibanez RG1570
1998 Ibanez RG7620
1998 Mesa 2 Ch. Dual Rec