JAMMING...
is it really important for us improve our skills ??
short answer: yes
long answer: YES

to develop your sense of timing and playing with other musicians at the least.
Quote by Zero-Hartman
The Bible is awesome. Revelation is so badass, I mean, dragons and angels and the devil having an epic battle in the clouds? Badass.
its fun to
and you develop a sense of musicality which is very important
yes. its how I got where I am.
Quote by element4433
One time I watched a dog lick his own dick for twenty minutes.

Quote by Roc8995
No.

Well, technically it could be done, but only in the same way that you could change a cat into a hamburger. It's an unpleasant process, and nobody is happy with the result.
Past the improving skills, past the improvising, past all the 'you need this to be better'....

JAMMING IS PLAIN FUN.
jamming with someone you know well who also plays guitar is awsome, you bounce ideas off eachother and really help eachother out
it encourages you to practice. Im a bit of a masochist. I like playing with someone whose better than me. it makes you practice harder.
*lust list*
Vox tone lab
Vox ac50
satchurator
satches time machine
vintage phase 90
Money towards this gear = $0.00

Quote by Doctor Matthews
Yeah I dreamt I was fighting Master Hand, but then I woke up to realize I was jackin' it in my sleep.
usually jamming is like, someone gives you rhythm any kind of it randomly and we just like fill the melody, right ?
Quote by W>O
usually jamming is like, someone gives you rhythm any kind of it randomly and we just like fill the melody, right ?

Jamming is generally making up a chord structure, and swapping leads and rhythm parts with everyone else playing. So you have to play rhythm as well and playing leads - if you are a solo hog nobody will want to play with you.
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud
These days I don't have patience for anything then jamming, so.. yes.
It's a really good therapy and it helps being a guitarist, a real one.

Quote by poopsmith666
I sincerely hope one day you look back at this post and realize how ignorant you're being about the concept of getting high.

Quote by strat0blaster
Out of those choices, I'm going to go with the Bastrapple.
so, jamming can be considered as one of the most important task before we can become a real guitarist ?
Quote by W>O
so, jamming can be considered as one of the most important task before we can become a real guitarist ?

Jamming is actively creating music...

The creativity skills you're honing when you jam are some of the most important skills in your musical arsenal.
Quote by TheWatchtower
why else play?

yes

The joy of creating music with others is a kind of empathy, the highest ecstasy attainable (with or without the help of chemicals), more so because of the deeper (brainstem?) level it inhabits. Sydney Smith called it "the only cheap and unpunished rapture upon earth." (But he's best known for his recipe for salad dressing, so ...)

Jamming is a great term to because it covers so much - don't be restricted to any format (specifically, I solo, you all back me up ... ugh - but also, whichever instruments you have available - you can make music with them). As long as you are creating music, it is good. Make sure though, that you try as much as possible to jam with players so much better than you are it scares you into playing at a level you've never found before. Really listen to the people you're playing with, and try as hard as you can to make them sound good - you'll sound great as a result. Lose yourself in the music (but don't get lost - count!).
Quote by W>O
JAMMING...
is it really important for us improve our skills ??

why do you ask? is it something your looking for justification in avoiding?

I think what is "really important" varies from person to person.

If you like "jamming", and want to "jam".... then "jamming" often will likely lead to better "jamming".

If you don't like "jamming", why bother, and why ask about it?
shred is gaudy music
Last edited by GuitarMunky at Nov 22, 2009,
the place where i take music lessons has a jam session every saturday, its helped me improve some much you have no idea

████████████████████

███████████████████████
███████████████████████

█████████████████████

███████████████████████

█████████████████████

█████████████████████

███████████████████

█████████████████████

████████████████████