Where's the top of the headstock?
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
Looks like a gibson sg special...
They havent stated the year for it ..
There is no "SG" written on the truss rod cover which could be a sign unless its an older model in which they didnt do that????

The metal Bridge thingy that the strings get tied to is also pushed back a long way.. Its in line with the first row of knobs unlike all the sg's ive seen which have it in line with the pickup selecter.

Im guessing its a fake but i may be wrong...
Quote by icpgettozone
are you legit?
No, I'm a

COMMUNIST

Quote by Daneeka
It feels a little good inside to be fair, i feel like i rocked to hard that i killed my amp.

Quote by Tatsumaru
The metal Bridge thingy that the strings get tied to is also pushed back a long way.. Its in line with the first row of knobs unlike all the sg's ive seen which have it in line with the pickup selecter.
That's because the guitar is unstrung and the stop-bar is off it's posts.
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
Quote by ch0
That's because the guitar is unstrung and the stop-bar is off it's posts.

Thanks for pointing that out ... my bad
Quote by icpgettozone
are you legit?
No, I'm a

COMMUNIST

Quote by Daneeka
It feels a little good inside to be fair, i feel like i rocked to hard that i killed my amp.

something just doesn't look right, there.. ask for a serial number.
Quote by AcousticMirror
Is my album list pointing a gun or a penis to your head saying buddy this thing is going to unload if you don't listen to the whole damn clip??
1. That's an odd case for an SC. They're usually smaller.

2. Ask for photos of serial number/full headstock.

3. If it's a real SG Special, though, you'd be getting robbed IMO. That's just $100 below new price.
rightio

this is real
its a sg special faded
the trcs come plain black with no white ply
its perfectly real

nobody would bother faking a special faded anyway
GEAR
94 Fender Stratocaster Plus
02 Gibson Les Paul Special (modded)
Orange AD-30 Combo

The SG Thread pwns your thread.
Quote by steve!

You'd be suprised. There's fake Epi's all over the place. They rely on people thinking "Oh, no one would fake an Epiphone." Therefore they can get away with it easier.

TS it's hard to tell if it's real or not as the pictures are crap. See if you can get better pictures from the seller.
"Music snobbery is the worst kind of snobbery. 'Oh, you like those noises? Those sounds in your ear? Do you like them? They're the wrong sounds. You should like these sounds in your ear.'"
- Dara O'Briain
Quote by steve!
Thinking like that is how people end up buying fake guitars...

Assuming that the only fakes are really high-end stuff when in reality there are 10x as many fake Epiphones and faded Gibsons floating around as their are Les Paul Supremes.

You have to be able to sell these copies if you want to make money. Gibsons always get the critical eye, even if they're priced normally. Epiphones and low-end Gibsons, on the other hand, don't. Ergo a person is much more likely to throw their money down on a fake Epiphone without even thinking to check for forgery.

- Former owner of a fake Epiphone Les Paul.
Quote by Marty Friedman
Quote by ch0
Thinking like that is how people end up buying fake guitars...

Assuming that the only fakes are really high-end stuff when in reality there are 10x as many fake Epiphones and faded Gibsons floating around as their are Les Paul Supremes.

You have to be able to sell these copies if you want to make money. Gibsons always get the critical eye, even if they're priced normally. Epiphones and low-end Gibsons, on the other hand, don't. Ergo a person is much more likely to throw their money down on a fake Epiphone without even thinking to check for forgery.

- Former owner of a fake Epiphone Les Paul.

you feel the need to reply to my comments lol

and
either way
this isnt a fake one
GEAR
Orange AD-30 Combo

Quote by steve!
you feel the need to reply to my comments lol
Uh, yeah? That's kind of how message boards work.

Quote by Marty Friedman
Quote by ch0
Uh, yeah? That's kind of how message boards work.

indeed
i like your avatar btw
GEAR
Orange AD-30 Combo

Quote by steve!
i like your avatar btw
Thanks
Quote by Marty Friedman
Quote by ch0
Thanks

i met him when i went to see his new band
seemed nice

his brothers so much nicer though
every time dans band plays newcastle a select group of us who have been to all there gigs in town go drinking with them after
GEAR
Orange AD-30 Combo

Quote by steve!
i met him when i went to see his new band
seemed nice

his brothers so much nicer though
every time dans band plays newcastle a select group of us who have been to all there gigs in town go drinking with them after
I'm officially green with envy.

I wanted to go see Hot Leg when they were playing in California but it just wasn't feasible to drive 4,500km round trip and I couldn't find any cheap flights last minute.

If you see Justin or Dan ever tell them they need to scoot out to British Columbia for a show. They've both got more fans here than either of them probably realize.
Quote by Marty Friedman
Quote by ch0
I'm officially green with envy.

I wanted to go see Hot Leg when they were playing in California but it just wasn't feasible to drive 4,500km round trip and I couldn't find any cheap flights last minute.

If you see Justin or Dan ever tell them they need to scoot out to British Columbia for a show. They've both got more fans here than either of them probably realize.

lol
iv seen the stone gods 6 times in the past 2 years they come here alot

and hotleg twice

lol to make you more green i look so stupid in these pics

GEAR
Orange AD-30 Combo

^ Wow that's completely off topic LOL
Quote by icpgettozone
are you legit?
No, I'm a

COMMUNIST

Quote by Daneeka

Quote by Tatsumaru
^ Wow that's completely off topic LOL

sorry...
GEAR
Orange AD-30 Combo

Quote by steve!
sorry...

Meh i dont realy care...

I just thought it was funny how some guy was asking about a guitar and then a whole new conversations starts ending with pictures of random people. LOL
Quote by icpgettozone
are you legit?
No, I'm a

COMMUNIST

Quote by Daneeka

...wow, quite off topic but anyway the guy still hasnt returned my messages...The logo looks REALLY fake to me tho.
B.C. Rich Body Art Collection June Flesh Ring Warlock

Marshall 8040 Valvestate

1978 Peavey Classic VT 212 amp

All this 4 sale
Quote by steve!
sorry...
I hate you...

Quote by Marty Friedman
to be honest it just looks off to me.
ಠ_ಠ
- Yes, My name is actually Terran -
- Not just a Starcraft fan -

Terran > Zerg and Protoss
The problem with Craigs list is no one ever seems to post very good larger pics. I really can't say for sure if it's fake or not from the pics. I am pretty sure if it is real it's just a faded cherry SG but they are only $699.00 brand new from Musicians friend. Not much of a discount being used. My biggest question is why are there no strings on it? There could be serious neck problems you might miss without it strung. IMHO even if it's real there is no deal there at all. I wouldn't pay more than $350.00 for a used Faded Gibson SG without the case $400.00 with case.

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Gibson-Faded-SG-Special-Electric-Guitar?sku=517222

John
Last edited by johnro6659 at Oct 23, 2009,
[quote="steve![/QUOTE"]

Looking at the sg thread in this guys (^) sig it shows a sg special with sg on the truss rod cover unlike the guitar in the op's link. Probally not enough to guarentee its a fake buts its something...
Quote by icpgettozone
are you legit?
No, I'm a

COMMUNIST

Quote by Daneeka

u should ask for pics of the serial number, some cleaner pics of the head, including the back. and some closer shots. unless u get some real good pics, i would avoid it.
TOMAHAWK!

"Now I think I understand how this world can overcome a man..."

R.I.P.
James THE REV Sullivan
Quote by zorbozate
Are You Serious?

Yes!

I bought one several weeks ago off Craigs list for my nephew for only $290.00 with a generic TKL case. The guy was asking $375.00. I got him down to $290.00 very easy. It was in great shape just a little dirty and had rusty strings. A new set of strings some TLC and a set up and it was good to go. My nephew loves it.

John
this guy wont re email me, im gonna put an alert post saying klike it looks fake and shit so other ppl will no

Marshall 8040 Valvestate

All this 4 sale
It's possible he only checks his emails once a day. Give him 24hrs. I have sent Craigs list sellers emails that I didn't get replies back for over a week after the listing expired. Some people are just slow. Again I think even if it's real it's way over priced for what it is. Faded Gibbys just don't bring a huge second hand price.

John
it looks perfectly real to me
i worked in a guitar shop
seen many sg faded
GEAR
Orange AD-30 Combo

It looks like a faded. I have one myself. The case looks to be hiding the top of the headstock. Don't pay that much for it. It looks like crap.
Gibson.
ill check it out and ask him

Marshall 8040 Valvestate

All this 4 sale