Ok. Been playing for about 7 years now. Problem is...I suck at sweeping. I can do quick sweeps from the high E to the G string, but I completely at full 6 string sweeps. Is there some way I can get better? Like how should I practice this? Thanks.
I seem to have this problem too. I'm told to just practice them as slowly as humanly possible and gradually speed up until you have it down.
Q: Favourite Pink Floyd song?
A: The one where they get wicked high and play Emin and A for an hour.
Just practice them LUDICROUSLY slowly, making sure you hit every note perfectly and make sure none of the other strings ring out by muting properly and stuff. This is presuming you already know how to do this...I was self taught in sweeping. Just practice really slowly and you should get it eventually anyway.

Using this method you'll be playing Necrophagist and Brain Drill within a few months
What is mountains? A mountains has no special shapes or sound!

Epic Chill Broseph Of the Australia FTW! Club. PM Alter-Bridge or The_Random_Hero to join.

Quote by Athabasca
Just practice them LUDICROUSLY slowly, making sure you hit every note perfectly and make sure none of the other strings ring out by muting properly and stuff. This is presuming you already know how to do this...I was self taught in sweeping. Just practice really slowly and you should get it eventually anyway.

Using this method you'll be playing Necrophagist and Brain Drill within a few months

this.also choose a sweep where there isnt any barring necassary for the start
ಠ_ಠ
<|>
/ω\

Tell me what nation on this earth, was not born of tragedy-Primordial
Mute all the strings with your left hand. Strum down the strings one by one (making sure you're using the sweeping motion, ie - one motion, not 6 single individual picks) with a metronome. Once you can get the timing of the sweeping right, slow down the metronome and add in your left hand. I know arpeggios are usually one note per string, but you want to get them to sound like you're playing a scale really smoothly. Each note held for the correct duration, and each note striking on the beat. Once you get better, speed up. Simples!