Ok, so im gonna sell my Dean Razorback 255. Its nearly a year old, how much should i sell it for? (Australian dollars). Its worth $3000, but they gave it to me for $2400, cause im friends with the owner.

Specs (taken from Dean's website, except for the bridge which is custom fitted):
* 25.5 Scale
* 24 frets
* Emg Humbuckers. 81 Bridge, 60 Neck.
* Original Floyd Rose (custom fitted, was originally a Licensed)
* Case included

^^^^Not much info :/

So, its nearly a year old, condition is near perfect, no major chips or dents.

What price should i do?

Im not selling back to a shop, they told me its better to sell private, i will get more.

Although, i went to the place i bought it today asking about the Jackson KV2, and they said i could get that for about $2400 Aus, would it be a good trade to just give them my Dean for it? Or should i sell it privately and try get more, then buy it?

Thanks.
1. Oh my god. I feel so sorry for you Australians. $3000 for a Dean Razorback 225? Good Lord, that is madness.

2. I would trade it, myself - you could try to make a profit off the guitar by selling it for more than you got it, but I think you'll be hard-pressed to find a buyer for that price.
Last edited by Flying Couch at Oct 23, 2009,
Quote by Flying Couch
1. Oh my god. I feel so sorry for you Australians. $300 for a Dean Razorback 225? Good Lord, that is madness.

2. I would trade it, myself - you could try to make a profit off the guitar by selling it for more than you got it, but I think you'll be hard-pressed to find a buyer for that price.

thanks mate, its horrible, i look on other countries websites, and im like

Yeah, i wanna but mum is a bit :/ on doing the trade, she thinks im getting ripped off, my used Dean for a brand new KV2. So thats why im here trying to find a price, unless i get enough of you guys saying the trade is better. Then ill show her this and win.
They sell the Razorback 255 for £600 - £700 in the UK, wow.

I would trade it though..
Quote by maiden03
thanks mate, its horrible, i look on other countries websites, and im like

Yeah, i wanna but mum is a bit :/ on doing the trade, she thinks im getting ripped off, my used Dean for a brand new KV2. So thats why im here trying to find a price, unless i get enough of you guys saying the trade is better. Then ill show her this and win.

How are you getting ripped off?
A used guitar for a brand new better guitar. DO IT DO IT
ohai little sig.
Quote by Demonikk
How are you getting ripped off?
A used guitar for a brand new better guitar. DO IT DO IT

Yes, but she thinks if im able to get a brand new guitar for the price of my used, then the new one must suck, even though i know its good.
Quote by maiden03
Yes, but she thinks if im able to get a brand new guitar for the price of my used, then the new one must suck, even though i know its good.

Ahh I see.
Show her this thread?
You'll be lucky to find a buyer though, so I reckon you're gonna be stuck trading
ohai little sig.
Quote by maiden03

Tell her it's getting a top-range guitar (as in the KV2 is USA Select series) for a mid range one (your Dean).
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by maiden03

Yeah generally this is why I tend to leave my parents out of most of my gear making decisions they don't tend to understand guitars enough to make calls on what is good and what isn't.

Anyway I'd doubt you'd be able to get $2400 back for your guitar and the trade probably won't be a straight swap unfortunately, the store will price your guitar lower. You'd probably be better off in the long run selling it privately but if you want the KV2 now then you might as well do a trade in and fork up the extra.
Quote by oneblackened
Tell her it's getting a top-range guitar (as in the KV2 is USA Select series) for a mid range one (your Dean).

Tryed that, she said if they are giving me a price like that for it, mine must be better, and the owner knows more than me (which he would, but i right on this)
Quote by azn_guitarist25
Yeah generally this is why I tend to leave my parents out of most of my gear making decisions they don't tend to understand guitars enough to make calls on what is good and what isn't.

Anyway I'd doubt you'd be able to get $2400 back for your guitar and the trade probably won't be a straight swap unfortunately, the store will price your guitar lower. You'd probably be better off in the long run selling it privately but if you want the KV2 now then you might as well do a trade in and fork up the extra.

I know.

Yeah, refer to my other thread about me not being able to decide on the KV5 or KV2. https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=22063039&posted=1#post22063039

But yeah, i wouldnt have a problem paying an extra $500, but no more than that.
Im quite certain he would do the straight swap though, i was talking to him today, and he said let me look and ill see if it will be a swap or what.