KV5FR:
http://www.jacksonguitars.com/products/products.php?group=KingV-Body&page=1&product=2913006803

If you dont wanna go to the website.

KV2
http://www.jacksonguitars.com/products/products.php?group=KingV-Body&page=1&product=2803040803

The only difference i noticed was KV2 is about $2500 (US), has 2 of the same pups, is American made, and comes in heaps of colours. The KV5 is about $2000 (US), has the jazz pup in the neck, not American made, and comes in only 3 colours.

Any advice on whats better?
Last edited by maiden03 at Oct 23, 2009,
i'd say the KV5 would be better, different pickups, and if you like doing clean stuff the jazz is a great pickup. unless you care about it being american made and having a wider range of colours to choose from i'd go for the KV5
Guitars:
Jackson JS30KE Kelly
Jackson RRX10D
Fender Telecaster American Standard
Epiphone Acoustic
Amps:
Vox DA15
Marshall G80RCD
Pedals:
Boss GT-6
Boss MT-2
I'd say the KV5 as well. Specs seem more appropriate to what I would want.
Aesthetically, the KV2, but the specs are pretty much identical so if you can live with an unbound neck and limited finishes, save yourself $500 and go for the KV5
ohai little sig.
The only thing about getting the KV5 is, if you refer to my other thread: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=22063009#post22063009 . Youll see that i will be stuck selling my Dean to get more money off it...
japanese jacksons are very good guitar but the USA series rly smoke them out in terms of feel and quality, so if you think it's worth it KV2 all the way man
Gear:
Jackson SL1 !
Jackson SLS3 w/ bk warpig
ibanez RGA 121 with D sonic and paf pro
peavey triple X with JJ 6L6s and celestion G12k-100
bad monkey
mxr 10 band eq
digitech hardwire dl8
paul gilbert's airplane flanger
Quote by whoswt
japanese jacksons are very good guitar but the USA series rly smoke them out in terms of feel and quality, so if you think it's worth it KV2 all the way man

Thanks mate, ill just wait an see what sorta price/trade theyll do for me, then decide.
Quote by Flaming Chaos
i'd say the KV5 would be better, different pickups, and if you like doing clean stuff the jazz is a great pickup. unless you care about it being american made and having a wider range of colours to choose from i'd go for the KV5

Hold on a sec- The KV2 is far better than the KV5 in terms of build quality and materials used. The KV5 is a fine instrument, do not get me wrong, but nothing touches a USA Jackson. The difference between the two is night and day in terms of feel and quality.

The USA has a bound neck, higher quality maple and real of pearl inlays instead of the MOTO that the japanese guitar gives you. Just because the pups are the same doesn't mean that the guitars are comparable.

TSer- play a USA Jackson and then play a Japanese one- I doubt you'll pick the KV5 over a KV2.
http://www.youtube.com/user/RichManofAction

200,000 views and counting!

Quote by Perp8tualMotion
This man gets the big golden popcorn trophy which signifies an exceptionally accurate response.

Gear: Jackson SL2H, DX10DFS, Ibanez Prestige RG, Marshall JCM 2000 DSL
Quote by stodge
Floyd Rose FRT-O2000? Who makes that trem??

The Koreans do i think.
And yes, the KV2 is lots better than the KV5.

Quartersawn neck, handmade, MOP, CTS pots, binding, top notch wood, USA made, ...

It has more mojo, better feel, and is higher quality than the KV5. Totally worth it.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Last edited by LP_CL at Oct 23, 2009,
the KV2 is the better guitar in term of materials used and build quality.
ESP Vintage 4
Fender American Special Jazz
Fender American Deluxe Precision
Ibanez SR700
Jackson DXMG
Fender American Standard Telecaster
SWR Black Beauty
Orange Thunderverb 50

Modulus Quantum 5 fund-$2150/$3369
The kv2 ...there almost the same. The kv2 would have better build qualiy and an ebony fingerboard.

The other diffrence would be the neck pickup in the kv5fr and the trem.
Edit: And the kv2 has a bound fingerboard and headstock.
Gibson Thunderhorse
Jackson RR24M
B52 AT100
Last edited by King of King V at Oct 23, 2009,
Alright, ill try out a USA model, cause ive tried a japanese, and just decide then.

I should have the money for either, it just depends how much im gonna be charged for it, how much ill get for my Dean ect.

Thanks