So i was planning to buy a ibanez s470 for my metal guitar. But it had a floyd rose and i heard chaning tunings on them were a pain in the arse. If i blocked off the trem, would it be the same as a guitar with no trem so when i change tunings, i dont have to adjust the intonation etc.
Guitars
Fender American Standard Strat 2008
Burny late 1980's Super Grade RLG-70 Les Paul
Sterling by Musicman JP50
Fender Classic Series 60's tele
Yamaha FS720S
Amp
Roland Microcube
Fender Blues Junior III Humholdt
I feel like bumping my post count, so...

Yeah, block it with a piece of wood (or even better, some chunk of metal) and you'll practically have a fixed-bridge guitar.
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
Dont bother buying a S470 if you want a fixed bridge just buy a rg series? I have a s470 and love it but the locking tremolo is a lot of the fun.
Legend.
WHATTTT?
people acully cange tunings?
i dont usually but i play classic rock
oh well...
Survivor of:
Maryland Deathfest X
Maryland Deathfest XI
Maryland Deathfest XII
The Zero trem is one of the key features on the S imo if you block it off you can just as well get an SZ, or an RGA (the second one is what I did).
Quote by Demonikk
'Practice amp' = amp you practice with? In my case, Peavey 6505+ and 4x12
I don't do things small

Except children.
Quote by Slicer666
The Zero trem is one of the key features on the S imo if you block it off you can just as well get an SZ, or an RGA (the second one is what I did).

well i wanna use it for drop tunings mainly but sometimes i also want to play around with the trem for joe satriani, steve vai stuff, so yeah
Guitars
Fender American Standard Strat 2008
Burny late 1980's Super Grade RLG-70 Les Paul
Sterling by Musicman JP50
Fender Classic Series 60's tele
Yamaha FS720S
Amp
Roland Microcube
Fender Blues Junior III Humholdt