This is the second article I have seen on Cardiff, and being from the States was wondering wtf is going on in that town? Is it was wild as the articles indicate? THe article makes it seem so shameful, just looks like typical university stuff to me.

Can some of the UK Pit Members please fill us in on what's in Cardiff that makes it "one of the country's worst cities for binge drinking?" Is this just hype or is the town out of control?
Attachments:
card.jpg
Epiphone SG
Crate V-18 212
Xaviere XV-500
Boss PS-5 SUPER Shifter
Digitech Bad Monkey

SWINE FLU FREE SINCE 1974
Its just hype. If you look, the shirts are for carnage, known as the biggest university student event in the UK, and is essentially a pub crawl, so it is inevitable that people get drunk. I took part in the one in aberystwyth and it looked largely the same at some point, and i'm sure it was similar throughout the country.

Basically, its americans not being used to how much the british can drink and go out (I know this, i was talking to an american about this very same issue the other day)
Quote by Rocker007
Blackrat has won this thread. That is an awsome post.

This was posted right after I posted said post in a completely different thread... Whups.

"There are 3 types of people in this world... Those who can count, and those who can't."
Hype.

Yes people get wasted in Cardiff, particularly on Carnage. No it's not any different to any other city in the UK.

Check out the cross-dressing cage fighters from Swansea, much cooler.

Don't let your boat be empty, don't be a sunken dream
Don't let the boat regret thee, for what you could have seen

Meh, that kind of stuff always happens on Carnage. Its quality.
Carnage is a big student bar crawl that, as the name suggests, gets a bit messy. Cardiff is no worse than any other city. Same thing happens here and it's got one of the best universities in the country.
Is it still a God Complex if I really am God?

America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
Personally, I think it reflects rather poorly on students, who can't organise their own pub crawl, and have to get an events organiser in to do it.
I see. Looks like many of the photos from my college days as well. TBH, looks like fun.
Epiphone SG
Crate V-18 212
Xaviere XV-500
Boss PS-5 SUPER Shifter
Digitech Bad Monkey

SWINE FLU FREE SINCE 1974
I'm from Cardiff, and yes we like to get wasted.

And btw it's not a town it's a City
Awesome one at that
"If I told you that, I'd have to kill you."
"Why is it like.. top secret?"
"No."

Last.fm
Quote by MightyAl
Personally, I think it reflects rather poorly on students, who can't organise their own pub crawl, and have to get an events organiser in to do it.

That's a fair amount of people to organise though...

Don't let your boat be empty, don't be a sunken dream
Don't let the boat regret thee, for what you could have seen

Quote by Thrace
I'm from Cardiff, and yes we like to get wasted.

And btw it's not a town it's a City
Awesome one at that

Swansea's the only true city in Wales.
Fender Lite Ash --> TC Polytune --> Digitech Whammy V --> MXR Phase 90 --> EHX Small Clone --> Strymon Orbit --> TC Flashback X4 --> Rivera R55