Hi, i own an ashdown electric blue 180 bass combo which has a 15inch speaker, out the back of it you can extend it with a speaker cable to add another cab onto it. Just wondering what size cab you guys could recommend that would compliment the 15inch speaker well?

thanks
Shamone
I would go with a 2x10. Probly 100Watts since you already have plenty of power
2x10 would be the obvios answer to cover the highs/midrange better. you could also just go for another 15 nothing wrong with that. idk about a 2x12 tho the nasally 12's would prolly drown out your 15 and prolly require too much juice.

make sure you check the ohms on your output you would most likely need to find an 8 ohm cab, information for that should be on back of cab if not check the manual. if you odnt have it find the pdf on the website
ESP B-405,Fender American Jazz Bass(EMG J active pups and LEO QUAN BADASS II ) squire P bass(EMG P active Pups)),
SansAmp Bass driver DI
Ampeg SvP PRO Tube Preamp
QSC2450 Power amp
Furman PL8
FINALLY-Ampeg SVT 810E
I would go with another 15 to keep the response axis together.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
Quote by Emergancy Exit
2x10 would be the obvios answer to cover the highs/midrange better. you could also just go for another 15 nothing wrong with that. idk about a 2x12 tho the nasally 12's would prolly drown out your 15 and prolly require too much juice.

Nasally 12s? I don't know how you can call 12s nasally in the first place but how would 10s not be nasally then?
Ashdown specify a 8ohm speaker and you will have to stick to this. The classic combination with a 15 is a 4x10 but there is no reason to go with the crowd. The only thing that matters is that you like the sound and so you have to audition the speakers you are considering. Most good music shops will let you try things out if you hit them when they are not too busy. Most of us desire what we do not have, your 15 will be giving good deeps so you will probably want some tens to give you clarity and attack.
If you like a deeper tone I'd suggest a 2x12. If you want a more modern tone I'd suggest a 2x10 or 4x10. You don't have to stick to this though since they you could get either tone with either type of speaker depending on which models you buy. None will sound exactly like the other but you can get away with it is what i mean.
dean edge one 5 string
Schecter studio-4
Samick fairlane-6
Ibanez sb900
Ibanez btb775
Fender p bass special deluxe

Dean Del Sol
Ibanez prestige rg2610

Peavey TKO 65
Peavey vb-2
Quote by the_perdestrian
listen to revelation, for he is wise in the way of bass-fu
idk 12s allways sounded nasaly to me i know i can't be the only one.
ESP B-405,Fender American Jazz Bass(EMG J active pups and LEO QUAN BADASS II ) squire P bass(EMG P active Pups)),
SansAmp Bass driver DI
Ampeg SvP PRO Tube Preamp
QSC2450 Power amp
Furman PL8
FINALLY-Ampeg SVT 810E