So.

I often play my electric guitar without an amp...

People always ask me why since they can't hear me playing...

I, however, can hear the guitar quite clear.

Is it a sound dynamics thing or is it just that I play too much guitar?
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
the sound is obviously softer because it doesnt resonate, i do the same thing i think its because you're so close to the guitar thats why you can hear it so well
It's always the last day of summer and I've been left out in the cold with no door to get back in
maybe theyve just screwed up their ears with too much crappy rap and bass.
Quote by mullet1337
Holy ****. **** you. You ****ing ****.
Quote by So-Cal
Most of the sound comes out of the back

In the process of trying this out I hit myself in the jaw with my guitar...

But I can't believe this is kinda true.
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
Quote by Momentosis
In the process of trying this out I hit myself in the jaw with my guitar...

NICE. :P

But I can't believe this is kinda true.

Must try this wen i get home....
Quote by mullet1337
Holy ****. **** you. You ****ing ****.
I too play without an amp often.

Acoustic guitar FTW!
There is a war going on for your mind.

If you are thinking, you are winning.

Resistance is victory.

We are building up a new world.
Do not sit idly by.
your closer to it then they are.

I also play w/o an amp when every one is trying to sleep
A painter paints his pictures on canvas. But musicians paint their pictures on silence. We provide the music, and you provide the silence."
the metallic tinny sound of the unplugged guitar drives me insane.
I think its because my brother does it all the time in annoying places like outside my bedroom door and during stupid hours of the night.
does anyone else hate the sound?
2005 Ibanez RG1570
1998 Ibanez RG7620
1998 Mesa 2 Ch. Dual Rec
i play it without a amp coz my parents will get pissed off and my amp is a pile of shit

also its easier to play. My acoustic has huge guage strings and i cant afford new ones =/
Without music, life would be a mistake.
Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote by noob888
I love you for that thread...

Quote by MightyAl
I am now mentally scarred by the image of Peter Crouch getting penalised.
I always have my amp on but then on a really low volume so the effects and extra warmth still sounds when I play but without the extra noise.....

I'm the only one who does this??
I play without an amp most of the time because my amp blows. For some reason I like tuning my guitar better without the amp. I think its easier to hear. Us guitarists probably just pay more attention to the sound because it's what we love to hear.
RIP Jimmy "The Reverend Tholomew Plague" Sullivan
the electric I used to have was pretty audible unplugged, and I love playing electrics because you can bend the strings as much as you can. Gives them alot more playability than acoustics (ofcourse nowhere near the same sound) I also just like being able to practice licks and such without making any noise, just for the feel and such.
RIP Bernie Mac
RIP Michael Jackson

FUCK YOU DIME!

Quote by Cobain_Is_King
Get 'Cliff is Angry. So so angry' on your ass.

Edit: Then take pictures and send me them.

Genetically engineered and raised by wolverines DAVE MUSTAINE...
I often play without my amp, often because I can't be bothered to plug it in.
Hull City A.F.C

Quote by Thrashtastic15
crunkym toy diuckl;ess ass ****igkjn ****** **** bitch ass pussy ****er douchecanoe ****** **** you s omn cnt you lieet le biutch
I like my unplugged sound of my ESP, because it's quite loud for an electric. It sounds really good, so I play a lot without my amp.
Oh, you wouldn't want an angel watching over
Surprise, surprise, they wouldn't wanna watch
I often play unplugged, with the headstock resting against a hollow wall.
Can't be bothered following 50 tangled leads to see what's plugged into what.
I play usually play unplugged. Plug stuff in is a hassle when all you want to do is play plus I live in a dorm and people can be bitchy.
I play unplugged all the time because I don't have a guitar amp...
Twitter: ScottWotton
Tumblr: ScottWotton
YouTube: ScottWotton

3DS FC: 5043-1553-4655
Friend Safari: Rock type with Boldore, Pupitar and Barbaracle.

Wants his username as ScottWotton. >.>
That's the only way to go.
Quote by Sloopy
I'm not in a wheelchair, but I own one just for fun.
I play without amp a lot too. But it makes it harder to notice mistakes so don't do it while learning something new.
Quote by siskoX
I play without amp a lot too. But it makes it harder to notice mistakes so don't do it while learning something new.

yeah when i learn sweep picking unplugged im brought crashing down when i use my amp
"Swim in a lake of death, eaten by crocodiles!"

Gear:
Jackson RR3
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Stagg C 442
Randall RG100G3 plus combo
Roland Cube 30X
TS9 Tubescreamer
Strap-up and play with the tail of your guitar against a door.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Quote by kroket666
I always have my amp on but then on a really low volume so the effects and extra warmth still sounds when I play but without the extra noise.....

I'm the only one who does this??

i do this from time-to-time. but, nothing beats blasting it.
"take your form
be my fear, be my hope
be the indication
if i'm right or wrong

take your most dreadful form
and let it be known"
he provided assurance
I don't play with an amp very often because I have a little girl running around the house all the time. My amps, drums and PA stuff stays in the shed. But I write most of my music on the computer in the living room, where she watches TV and throws pillows. So I'm generally unplugged.

The problem I find, is that amps tend to colour the natural tone of a guitar. And that bothers me.
I don't normally play acoustic because I feel limited by them, but I much prefer the tone of a good acoustic to a good electric, simply because everyone feels it's a necessity to destroy their tone with cheap crap like a Spider III, or expensive crap like a Mesa Boogie Triple Rectifier.
I play not plugged in, typically late at night and if I can't find a headphone plug.

Also I like to rest the headstock against an open wardrobe, amplifies the sound a bit lol

Don't let your boat be empty, don't be a sunken dream
Don't let the boat regret thee, for what you could have seen

Their ears are ruined from going to concerts without earplugs.
"Life is an obscure hobo bumming a ride on the omnibus of art."
I have two semi-hollows, so they're still pretty loud when they're not plugged in. They're my guitar of choice.
Quote by AngryGoldfish
I don't play with an amp very often because I have a little girl running around the house all the time. My amps, drums and PA stuff stays in the shed. But I write most of my music on the computer in the living room, where she watches TV and throws pillows. So I'm generally unplugged.

Why not put the little girl in the shed and put the musical stuff in the living room?

I play unplugged 99% of the time, my guitar just resonates amazingly. Though it sounds good plugged in to, there are just usually too many people home or I can't be bothered to plug it in.
Quote by aaciseric
Why not put the little girl in the shed and put the musical stuff in the living room?

I play unplugged 99% of the time, my guitar just resonates amazingly. Though it sounds good plugged in to, there are just usually too many people home or I can't be bothered to plug it in.
Because I love her more than my music... well...

I play plugged in all the time. The clarity increases so much when I'm plugged in and turned up a good bit, because I have a tube amp (Blues Deluxe). Plus I love the thing so much, I don't want to play without it.
Only play what you hear. If you don’t hear anything, don’t play anything.
-Chick Corea
My neighbors have complained about the sound of my amp going through the walls to their house( semi detached house) so I play without an amp during the night and just when I'm watching tv and wanna hear whats going down.
Without music life would be a mistake. ~Friedrich Wilhelm

Don't ever tell anybody anything. If you do, you start missing everybody. -- Catcher in the Rye