My guitars been sounding sort of differant lately. I havent been fiddling with the amp of any thing. I think its the pick ups. Are you supposed to replace pick ups now and again? Or what else could it be?

It isnt strings.
Current favourite bands:
METALLICA
MASTODON
NILE
Quote by trivium036
My guitars been sounding sort of differant lately. I havent been fiddling with the amp of any thing. I think its the pick ups. Are you supposed to replace pick ups now and again? Or what else could it be?

It isnt strings.

your pickups should last pretty much forever as long as you take care of them,
it could be a whole lot of things messing with your sound, cables, pedals, the amp, bad wiring somewhere in your guitar
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
Quote by trivium036
It isnt strings.

How do you know? Did you replace them?

It could be a number of things - electricity (yes, believe it or not the quality of the electricity that you're amp is running on does affect your tone), cables, pedals, something internally wrong with the amp, the placement of the amp, where you're standing in relation to the amp, etc.

Also, if you've changed the volume then that's going to change your tone. Different frequencies are more prominent at certain volumes - as you increase or decrease the volume on your amp you also must adjust your EQ to keep your tone consistent.