Hello there!

First watch this YouTube video. I just want you to watch the intro

I see the dude (goshikas) playing this intro without picking the string (2nd string), except at the beginning he picks it once to begin.

Eb------------------------------------------|
Bb----5----7-8---12-10---12-13-12---|
Gb------------------------------------------|
Db------------------------------------------|
Ab------------------------------------------|
Db------------------------------------------|

This is how it's played. I can't manage to keep the sound by sliding to the next note, can you help me how to play this properly (without picking).

Please, try to play it yourself before you comment. I've tried to push harder on the strings etc...

ThX
-WingedBull
Push harder on the strings, that's all there is to it, you shouldn't really "slide" into it, make it more of a jolt motion and press down real hard on the fret.
Quote by WingedBull
Other people thinking this?

Use more distortion too, the kid in the video has quite alot going on (his tone is balls though).
Dude, yeah, try sliding your finger faster and harder, but don't press too hard or it will become harder to slide faster.

;D
▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
¯|(°_o)/¯
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
Push harder on the strings, that's all there is to it, you shouldn't really "slide" into it, make it more of a jolt motion and press down real hard on the fret.

This
Quote by SDM
That or use an e-bow

He's not using an e-bow.

There's a few ways to attack this:

• Use a compressor/sustainer to keep the note ringing longer
  • Press harder like everyone here says but also kinda pluck the string as you do the pull off
  • Use ton's of gain to add sustain but adding an overdrive or a boost pedal
Imagination is more important than knowledge...
It is a miracle that curiosity survives formal education.
- Albert Einstein -
Quote by SDM
That or use an e-bow

An e-bow is supposed to be an effect that you use when you want to achieve the illusion of endless sustain, not help with a small novice guitar problem.
Has no one else noticed the hammer-ons and pull-offs he uses at strategically placed points in the line?
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Has no one else noticed the hammer-ons and pull-offs he uses at strategically placed points in the line?

+1.

Seriously, he's very obviously not just sliding the entire time.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.