Hey guys, got a problem! On my strat the bolt for the input jack is soooo lose! i took off the plate and tried to tighten it, but the wires are set up so that you can tighten the bolt without messing them up! idk its the weirdest thing! id post pics, but my dad wontlet me use his cam!
Quote by Banana Wedgie
Exactly.

If you wanna look cool, put needles in your eyes and play.
With the plate off, get a good grip of the OUTPUT socket and tighten the ring on the outside.

It's a common problem, which can often be resolved just by tightening, worst case scenario, you'll need a new one - which is just a case of removing the old one and re-soldering 2 wires.
thanks mate =)
Quote by Banana Wedgie
Exactly.

If you wanna look cool, put needles in your eyes and play.
Quote by mark_wuk
With the plate off, get a good grip of the OUTPUT socket and tighten the ring on the outside.

It's a common problem, which can often be resolved just by tightening, worst case scenario, you'll need a new one - which is just a case of removing the old one and re-soldering 2 wires.

exactly what you need to do. There's enough slack in the wires to take it out far enough, use some thin tweezers to grab the socket, and use some pliers to tighten the ring. It will eventually get loose again but if you tighten it well it should be ok for a substantial amount of time.