Page 3 of 4
Quote by aaciseric
What do you mean 'were'? They're all alive and still a band. And i've seen a hundred different interviews with those guys, they're all very charismatic and kind, and all philanphropists. I don't see how they qualify as 'twats'.

I'd say the members of RHCP all seem very nice aswell. And I met Duff Mckagan once, very nice guy.

I meant "were" as in the 2 times I met them. I work on an airport that gets alot of famous people of all types. Bon Jovi were a bunch of immature brats. I'm sure they interview well. But that doesn't translate into real life persona. They were rude. And they stunk.
Kid Rock is a great guy.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by thunderbritches
I want to say Myles Kennedy...one of my friends got to do an interview on him for the Alter Bridge page and he seemed really chill and down to earth. And from what he told me all of the guys from AB are pretty down to earth as well because he was with them for a little bit after one of their concerts.

I can confirm this. Myles Kennedy is definitely one of the nicest guys in music. easy. I may have even posted so in this thread already, but I've had another chance to talk to him since (after he headlined an acoustic benefit show in TN. he was AMAZING, btw). he's so genuine and down to earth. when you're talking to him he's just so cool. really great guy. I can't say enough about how awesome he is.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Paul Gilbert is a legend.

Matt and Corey from Trivium seem like nice guys as well.

And the members of Avenged Sevenfold.

I don't know why everyone thinks there all assholes. Zacky and Synyster are a little cocky, but they are still pretty cool. I'd also have to say Dave Grohl and Paul Gilbert. Oh and Mike Shinoda seems pretty cool. Also, Iron Maiden, Duff Mckagan, Tony Iommi, Ozzy (probably going to get flamed).

*flamesheild*
Maynard

lolololololololol
We spent a lifetime on the
Beaches of Normandy in vain

Quote by poopsmith666
oooh look at me, i'm clincher, internet tough guy

Quote by theBaartMan
When Nostradamus predicted badassery, he spoke of clincher09.

<//////> ~

UG's NIN fan club
Chuck Schuldiner + Cliff Burton were the nicest. Also Kirk Hammett and Rob Trujillo are pretty cool. And Tom Araya from Slayer.

Apparently Avenged Sevenfold try and avoid their fans and are full of shit about what they do on tour.
Some of the stuff metallica has done in general recently seems pretty nice. James gave the guys from that iraqi metal bands backstage tickets to a concert and one of his esp explorers. That and the thing recently with the $50000 reward for the fan who went missing at one of their concerts.
Quote by webbtje
A woman's perspective is great, you get to stare down at least one top without anyone caring.
JB from August Burns Red is a real nice guy.

also very funny.

then again, all of the guys from ABR don't seem like the type of dudes that they really are.
v CLICK v

Quote by musicjunkie207
The time I fell on my face on a trampoline and cracked my neck, then proceded to run around the yard in a blind panic screaming "I hope I'm not paralyzed! OH GOD I THINK I'M PARALYZED!"
Fat Mike from NOFX.

Actually, from what I've seen, Fat Mike and Smelly. From NOFX.
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
Paul Gilbert is as cool, humble and as nice as they come. He'll go down in the Hall of Fame of Life one day.
William DuVall, Alice's new singer, is very neat.

He's doing a good ****ing job in AIC btw.
Last edited by SprayonTan at Oct 30, 2009,
Josh Homme from Queens of the Stone Age is really cool.
/sarcasm

Just kidding, that guy is a total tool.
Josh Homme always seems really cool. Matt Pike, too.

EDIT: If you think Josh Homme is a dick for cussing that kid out, you've got a lot to learn about Josh Homme.
Last edited by Led Dirigible at Oct 30, 2009,
Bruce Springsteen, no doubt about it. I met him a few years ago before one of his shows and he really acts like an everyday, average person. Actually, I have met very few people, famous or not, who are as nice as him.
Quote by Led Dirigible
Josh Homme always seems really cool. Matt Pike, too.

EDIT: If you think Josh Homme is a dick for cussing that kid out, you've got a lot to learn about Josh Homme.

I've seen enough of Josh Homme to know he's a coward who talks shit on stage because he knows one can hurt him up there.
Quote by hobson111
john frusciante seems nice
he's a pretty quiet dude
Quote by im_hungry, imthehitcher, DeathTouch666, BobMarleysGhost, catchy phrase, flyman, cheeseman3001, Cpt.Jackass, evening_crow, just17n8, Ziggums, MoleMania, Baa I'm a Sheep, x_themetalfan_x, hippy12:

Give him a handjob

Had to consolidate the sig.
I met Ronnie James Dio. Great guy. So friggen nice, you wouldn't beleive it. And he's almost 70 know.. like 68 or somehting.
Quote by Jackal58
I meant "were" as in the 2 times I met them. I work on an airport that gets alot of famous people of all types. Bon Jovi were a bunch of immature brats. I'm sure they interview well. But that doesn't translate into real life persona. They were rude. And they stunk.
Kid Rock is a great guy.

Bon Jovi ALL have "prick" written on their faces.

Mike Portnoy seems to be a pretty nice guy nowadays, as does Devin Townsend. I mean, I'm sure Devin used to be a huge dick, but since he sobered up he seems really humble and down to earth.
Last edited by CoreysMonster at Oct 30, 2009,
I met Paul Gilbert at a London Guitar Show, he was amazingly nice, I said "hey Paul, how's it going?"
He said "Hey man, pretty cool show here don't you think"
I was like yeah, he had to go so he said "I'll see you around, why don't you come into my session, I'm playing now"
And I got to walk in with him! Even though you had to pay to get in, I was honored.

That same day I met Yngwie, he was an ass, I said that I really love your old stuff Yngwie, then he said what about the new stuff, I said I hadn't checked it out too much. He looked like he was gonna eat me
I like to think Dave Grohl would be a really nice guy. It would be great just kicking back and hanging out with him.
Member Of The Australia FTW! Club. PM Alter-Bridge or The_Random_Hero to join. Australians only.

I Play the Bagpipes.

they actually are a pleasant instrument.
Quote by Livewire8195
Tony Iommi used to beat up Ozzy when they were younger.

That's not true, it's just a rumour - I read an interview with Ozzy recently when he said that it was a lie.

On topic, judging from the DVD they put out a few months back, all the guys from As I Lay Dying seems pretty cool.
Joe Satriani seems extremely nice and humble.
My gear:
  • Fender American Standard Telecaster
  • Ibanez RG450
  • Laney VC15
  • Electro Harmonix HOG
  • Vox Satchurator
  • Blackout Effectors Musket fuzz
  • Electro Harmonix Pulsar
  • Earthquaker Devices Disaster Transport
  • Malekko Chicklett

Liam from Cancer Bats is a class guy :P so is all of Four Year Strong and Set Your Goals got talking to them when they supported NFG.They were even amused i shared the same christian name as one of their guitarists.

Also going to see SYG again wonder if they will recoqnise me cause they are always good with fans from what i've been hearing.
Guitar Gear
Guitar: Ibanez GRG140 (black)
Amp:Peavey Vypyr 75

Bass Gear
Bass: Fender P-bass MIM,Peavey Millenium 5 BXP (x2),Epiphone Thunderbird
Amp:Ampeg PF500 w PF210 cab
Pedals: ODB-3,Big Muff.
Lars is a dick sometimes, but the rest of Metallica seem like pretty swell guys.
Hai 2 u
Quote by Roads5
Lars is a dick sometimes, but the rest of Metallica seem like pretty swell guys.

Did you not just watch the video?
I've never met any famous people, but I heard about this guy who walked up to Jimmy Page (My favourite guitarist) in the streets in London, and tried to talk to him about how much he loved his music. Now bear in mind, this guy who ran up to Jimmy was drunk at the time. Apparently Page said "Get away from me you ****ing wanker!" or something like that, and quickly moved away.

I don't know about you, but I'd be crushed if my favourite guitarist said something like that to me, even if you were drunk at the time. I'd still buy his music though
Gear:

Vintage VS6 (Wine Red)

Marshall VS100 Valvestate head with 4x12 angled cab

Squier Strat (Fiesta Red) 90's, Korean
Met FearFactory many years ago, first at a pre-gig signing and then later when they came down to our local nightclub. Burton was a real gent and happily chatted to the fans and even bought a few rounds of drinks, Dino was complete letch but was actually quite sweet (according to my now wife!).

Met JS Clayden from Pitchshifter a few times now, nice bloke.

Umm, thinking... Spent my teenage years following Cradle of Filth around (before they got signed, they were our local band), Dani was / is / forever will be a tw4t, rest of the band were okay. COF trivia: used to work with Dani's mum at BT, Dani's sister used to be a barmaid in our local.

The guys from Anathema are great (Cavanagh brothers) as well...

TBH I've not yet met a musician who's a dick (apart from the filth midget), I think it depends on the circumstances you meet them in, beer helps!

SH
Elvis Aaron Presley.
If You See Me Posting In The Pit HIT ME.
Quote by KingJak236
My hamster used to bite me when I picked it up, then it got too old and fat to bite and died in a pool of it's own vomit.

Quote by Kensai
That's the rockstar way to go. I salute him.
Quote by Kevin19
And I was just watching this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hq1N6POzPgI&feature=related

It's Metallica helping a fan to propose

that's the first time I've seen Lars do anything that doesn't favor himself. All vids I've seen of him, he's a dick with a dick, so he can fap while he faps. This vid however... has he really changed?
RIP Bernie Mac
RIP Michael Jackson

FUCK YOU DIME!

Quote by Cobain_Is_King
Get 'Cliff is Angry. So so angry' on your ass.

Edit: Then take pictures and send me them.

Genetically engineered and raised by wolverines DAVE MUSTAINE...
Frank Zappa
Quote by TheClincher
I give you the lolslope
---
--------
--------------
---------------------

Quote by Trowzaa

I love you.

Dave Mustaine
"Black gives way to more black."

I have UG Black Style and I can barely read my signature.

Also, I like black.

~DawnwalkerALL HAIL COMRADE DAWNWALKER