Hey,

I'm thinking of buying a Bugera 6262 and a Framus 212. I was merrily staring at my 2 new investements on the Internet when I realise that the Head rates 120W and the Cab rates at 100W. Now, i couldn't remember if this was a problem or not so i've come to you. Is it a problem or is it nothing to worry about?
i was literally just wondering this, since I traded my randall xl cab for an mts cab with vintage 30s...the XL cab is rated at 400 watts/the MTS at 260...my V2 head is 400 watts. haha hopefully somebody can help us out bro
http://www.youtube.com/user/chuckmehh
Randall RM100/Basson Cab
DBX166XL/BBE Sonic Maximizer
Boss NS-2, sCream Cheese 2.0 OD, Zakk Wylde wah
Custom Epiphones
Monster Cables
Awe-in-One picks..and more
Read through them both real quick. Sadly, no answers were had. Only an in-depth knowledge of the different stages of an amp.
Quote by willT08
Hey,

I'm thinking of buying a Bugera 6262 and a Framus 212. I was merrily staring at my 2 new investements on the Internet when I realise that the Head rates 120W and the Cab rates at 100W. Now, i couldn't remember if this was a problem or not so i've come to you. Is it a problem or is it nothing to worry about?
Which Framus cab are you looking at? I don't know of any 50 watt speakers in those cabs to make it 100 watts.
They are most likely 60 watt V30's so the cab will be 120 watts.
The cab has to be equal or greater than the wattage of the head.
MARSHALL JVM 210H
PEAVEY JSX
KRANK 412
MESA 412
FENDER STRATS
DIMARZIO
CELESTION
It will work fine, but you cannot have it at max volume (doubt that will be a problem :p) Having it at 6 or lower should be no problem whatsoever, 7 will most likely work well too but wouldn't go higher.
Gear:
Bugera 6262 head
MXR M-108
Gibson Explorer faded
Harley Benton G212 Vintage
As forsaknazrael said, second post on the first thread I listed:

"Speaker Power Ratings (Thanks again Gabe):
Speakers are rated like amps, in RMS. This means that a 50W speaker will take more than 50W, generally a speaker can take up to twice the designated load. The reason for this is so a speaker can handle a 50W amp. So if you have a 1x12 50watt amp, using a 50W speaker is perfectly safe. It's also recommended not too overrate the speakers if you want breakup, so putting in a 75W speaker in a 5W amplifier is generally not a good idea. Since speaker can handle larger effects than stated it's generally safe if you have speakers that are slightly lower wattage than the stated amp, say a 25W Greenback in a 30W combo will not be dangerous.
"

I understand that you missed it, but I deliberately posted the two threads without any indication where in those threads you could find the answer, simply because I wanted you to read them—they're helpful threads, period, and we should all read them.
Okay then. So it's fine then. Sorry for not catching that bit, i'll look harder next time.
Quote by GrisKy
goddammit! that's not a $300 VH4, it's a ZOMBIE!!!

You're only my second victim as well.
I'm your other vicitm.

I thought it might of been a picture of the one you're saving up for. I love the way Diezel's look. Shame on me.

And yes, it is fine.
Once the ohms match or the cab's got more ohms than the head you'll be fine. If you can stay in the same room with it running at full 120w - or any vol capable of blowing/damaging the speakers - I'd be impressed.
Gear:

Is what some junkies refer to heroin as. For me it's just loads of wires and good sturdy housing, but just as addictive.
Should be absolutely fine.

Behringer can be a little over-enthusiastic with their RMS ratings at times, but anyone who can regularly stand a 120W amp at that volumes would probably be so deaf they couldn't hear a difference in tone from the ripped cones anyway!