Hey UG.

I'm looking to buy a new amp in the near future and I plan on putting a lot of thought into whatever amp I decide on.

I don't know a whole lot about amps. But I want something better then the Roland Cube 15x I have right now. I play mostly metal like Iron Maiden, Metallica, Megadeth and Anthrax. On the odd occasion I'll play some All That Remains or Children of Bodom but nowhere near as often as I play the other bands mentions. I'd also like an amp that could do Bands like Led Zeppelin or Guns n' Roses. But ofcourse the first bands mentioned are most important.

I don't want to spend more then 500 or 600 dollars. I don't want to buy a used one either.
When it comes to solid state vs. tube, I don't care, as long as it sounds good.
Also I wouldn't say I'd be doing any gigging but it would be nice to have something powerful enough to play a small show miced or whatever.
Thanks in advance!

Edit: I have a Ibanez s470 dxqm if it helps any.
Last edited by Bubbles516 at Oct 23, 2009,
I second the Flextone. I don't agree with the Spider Valve because to me it doesnt sound that great. I have played them and am not bandwagon-ing and I just dont like their general tone.

On top of the Flextone you could also look at the Bugera V-22/V-55, if you can wait a little bit the new 6505+ 112 combo will be out, or a B-52 At-112.

But I would honestly say wait until the end of this month then try out the 6505 112... I think that might be right up your alley and its right at $600, so...
tube of some sort. peavey, fender or marshall tube amps. very powerful amps than solid state.
Quote by music_mike
I second the Flextone. I don't agree with the Spider Valve because to me it doesnt sound that great. I have played them and am not bandwagon-ing and I just dont like their general tone.

On top of the Flextone you could also look at the Bugera V-22/V-55, if you can wait a little bit the new 6505+ 112 combo will be out, or a B-52 At-112.

But I would honestly say wait until the end of this month then try out the 6505 112... I think that might be right up your alley and its right at $600, so...

Great because I'm not buying anything for maybe 4 or 5 months.
Peavey Valveking? I love my Peavey Classic 30 and it makes incredible classic rock and blues tones, but if I want metal tones, all I have to do is turn on my Bad Monkey overdrive pedal in front of it, and it turns into an incredible gain machine!
Quote by music_mike

Most of those bands are Brit voiced - the 6505 is 6L6 powered...

How about the Marshall Haze40? A lot of people don't like them but I thought it was pretty cool! If you can REALLY splurge on this, a Marshall JVM would also suit.
^ Thats true, but the Haze isnt really that great imo... And the JVM's are way overpriced... TS maybe look at the Bugera 1990. Its a clone of a JCM 900. Idk if it comes in a combo though. Its British voiced and sounds really good for the price.
Quote by music_mike
^ Thats true, but the Haze isnt really that great imo... And the JVM's are way overpriced... TS maybe look at the Bugera 1990. Its a clone of a JCM 900. Idk if it comes in a combo though. Its British voiced and sounds really good for the price.

This or wait for Marshall MA series and see how it sounds.
blackstar ht5
Guitars
Fender American Standard Strat 2008
Burny late 1980's Super Grade RLG-70 Les Paul
Sterling by Musicman JP50
Fender Classic Series 60's tele
Yamaha FS720S
Amp
Roland Microcube
Fender Blues Junior III Humholdt