Hey guys, I finally got AD installed and working and now when I bring my MIDI that I write in Guitar Pro into AD, the drum mappings are different.

Like a hi hat that I wrote in Guitar Pro is a Ride in AD.

How do I make it so it's the same as GP? I don't want to rewrite all my stuff, and when I jam for fun I just take a drum track from a GP file and play to it.
Thanks for responses in advance & Godbless.
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Pop Punk! Check us out!: Flinch
just move the notes so that they trigger the correct drum.

or re-assign the drums in AD to the appropriate midi notes.
How do I do that?
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Pop Punk! Check us out!: Flinch
well what I do is, if for example I want to change the ride to the hi hat where its suppost to be, is I just drag and select all the rides and move them up to the hat that I want. I do that for every drum that isnt accurate (kick and snare usually imports correctly.)

I'm sure theres an easier way to do it though, and I'd be interested in hearing if there is.
Quote by Thomasoman
well what I do is, if for example I want to change the ride to the hi hat where its suppost to be, is I just drag and select all the rides and move them up to the hat that I want. I do that for every drum that isnt accurate (kick and snare usually imports correctly.)

I'm sure theres an easier way to do it though, and I'd be interested in hearing if there is.

thats pretty much what i was talking about.

also, if you're using Logic, you could use the Transform Editor to quickly do the same thing in a semi-automated way.
Last edited by TheDriller at Oct 23, 2009,
For anyone else interested in how to do this...

http://www.codeplex.com/midifilemapper

Make sure the MIDI file to be converted is the DRUM MIDI ONLY - if you're in guitar pro delete the other tracks and then export (you might able to just solo the Drum track).
ADELOS
POP PUNK
for fans of...

Motion City Soundtrack, Get Up Kids, Jimmy Eat World, Transit, Brand New, Dashboard Confessional, Early November, Fall Out Boy, Jawbreaker, Polar Bear Club, The Story So Far, the Wonder Years, Something Corporate.