I don't really get why people go to concerts without wearing earplugs. I took a decibel meter to a show once and front row by a monitor it was 120 DBs. Permanent hearing damage starts at 90. My band practices with earplugs every time. My drumline does too and we only get up to about 85 DBs. I just wanna be able to hear when I'm fifty. I have several friends who are half deaf because they don't wear earplugs while going to concerts or in one case firing shotguns at a range.

People should be more aware of their ears because some people say they don't care now but I guarantee they will when they are deaf at age sixty or seventy.
"Life is an obscure hobo bumming a ride on the omnibus of art."
Quote by NinjaSlayHuman
I've never worn them, and my hearing is fine

+1
Quote by NotFromANUS
"Don't brutal your sister, Timmy!"

last.fm
so? im 16 and i have tinnitus already. i have half the hearing in my right ear than that of my left becuase of it
Quote by aenimafist
People should be more aware of their ears because some people say they don't care now but I guarantee they will when they are deaf at age sixty or seventy.

what if i dont plan on living that long?
Quote by NinjaSlayHuman
I've never worn them, and my hearing is fine

hmm... did you say something? *starts to turn iPod up to max volume*

thats how I learnt my lesson, kinda knackered my hearing a bit because of my iPod
DBs huh? decibels's? hehe just kidding...i go to metal concerts and dnt wear earplugs and i can hear perfectly...
Well, if its too loud, turn it down, or dont go to the concert,

pussy
just give me a fender and let me rip
my hearing is deffo going coz of all the gigs and loud music in general, but i just wouldnt wear earplugs to a gig, id feel like a retard tbh.
plus im sure the people who has their ipods on full blast so you can hear them loud and clear from miles off are doing more damage to their ears than me going to gigs and festivals
Origanally Posted by freedoms_stain
Live webcam shows.
The bigger and blacker the dildo, the more cash.

Originally Posted by neopowell
Holy Christ I haven't laughed that hard since I bummed that clown. Well done!
You guys will all feel it later on in life. Unless you get murdered first.
"Life is an obscure hobo bumming a ride on the omnibus of art."
Gigs occasionally won't hurt too much as it gives the little hairs (or whatever it is, i remember seeing a picture of it once) time to recover, but If you're at gigs regularly or practicing at loud volumes, you should realise that you ARE going to knack your ears.

People don't seem to be getting that their ears may be alright now, but your hearing will slowly go downhill, and by the time you realise, it's too late for you to do anything about it
FOR SALE:

Wilkinson EZ lok Tuners - £15
Dunlop 535q Multiwah - £80

Offers/Trades anyone?
I don't wear earplugs and I do worry a bit about the consequences of all the loud noise.

But I can't bring myself to be as awesome as my mum who wore ear defenders to Reading festival.
I always wear earplugs. I'm thinking of getting the kind that filter out the bass and not the treble so it sounds better.

There's no sense in not wearing earplugs, it's plenty loud even with them. Loud noise gives me a headache.

Besides I'm in the mosh pit for a lot of the show anyway.
My Blog
New bands you wish you knew about!

Check This Band:As Blood Runs Black
Guitarist of the month: Quorthon

Got a good band that you want to share with the world? PM me and I'll write them a review.