That have really 'sparkly' cleans. The clean tone is the most important thing, but I also want to get a John Frusciante overdrive sort of tone aswell.

What would you recommend?

Thanks.
Quote by ch0
I once trapped my left testicle in a vice. I have no left testicle.
budget? what's your guitar and amp?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Schism1985
Fender Vintage Noiseless or Fender Samarium Cobalt Noiseless (I think that's what they're called) pups.

This
lolwut? if sparkle is one of his main concerns, getting noiseless pickups, which generally reduce the sparkle somewhat, is hardly a great idea...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
budget? what's your guitar and amp?

+1, we gotta know this first.
Agile AL3000
Douglas WRL90
SX SR1 STD Plus
J&D Strat
Squier Tele
Sammick TR2
Douglas Draco
Peavey JSX
Bugera V5
TWANGED VJ
Quote by Dave_Mc
lolwut? if sparkle is one of his main concerns, getting noiseless pickups, which generally reduce the sparkle somewhat, is hardly a great idea...

I agree whole heartedly. The parallel wiring of those stacked humbuckers takes off a bit of the beautiful top end we all love single coils for.

I recommend Rock Monkey Guitars for single coils. A set of Smooth Grooves will set ya right.
Quote by JoePerry4life
+1, we gotta know this first.

Budget doesn't really matter, well nothing more expensive than Bare Knuckles.

Amp is a Blackstar HT-5 combo.
Quote by ch0
I once trapped my left testicle in a vice. I have no left testicle.
My personal favourite for single coils is Rio Grande. Not noiseless or anything but great tone without being TOO much more expensive than the other brands (SD and Dimarzio).
if you're in the UK, rockmonkey, swinesheads (though their prices have risen a LOT recently for some reason), bareknuckles, bulldogs, shed etc. etc. would all be worth a look, presumably. You can contact any of those for advice about which specific model they'd recommend for what you're after.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
look up what JF uses...but what do you mean overdrive? like in the soloes of SA, cos thats from a boss ds-2 on turbo iirc so a good pedal might be needed