okay, i know you all are going to think im crazy. But, i have a mesa dual rectifier with the standard mesa 4x12 cab, and my main guitar is a PRS custom 22. im fairly happy with the sound im getting, but im always looking to make everything better. so my question is, how can i get a better, more "ballzy" tone?

heres what sparked my interest: my brother is a bass player and he runs a sans amp, and a 7 band bass EQ. when he kills those pedals and goes straight thru the amp, his tone drops in half! so it kinda got me wondering if there are ways out there i can do that with my setup...

anyway, just let me know what you guys think. thanks!!
les pauls = ballzy
Quote by Kumanji
The only thing that matters in music these days is money - genuinely talented artists are passed over entirely or corraled into making non-offensive, non-threatening average music that sells.
Play with your EQ for a bit, with your gear you should be getting a kickass tone. As a last resort get an MXR 10-band EQ.

||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Sell it all then get an SG and a Marshal!

Seriously though, it'll take some eq work. Like said above maybe more gain would do it.
Quote by JAustinMunn

My first guitar still has residue from an unfortunate ranch dressing incident

Quote by jpnyc
I played this guitar once. It unleashed the ****ing fury and I got kicked out of Guitar Center.
Quote by utmbarto
Sell it all then get an les paul and a Marshal!

Seriously though, it'll take some eq work. Like said above maybe more gain would do it.

fixed
Sell it all then get an SG and a Marshal!/QUOTE]
NO.
PRS and Mesa Dual recto should be giving you tons of versatility, you'll just have to play with your mesa's EQ, they don't EQ like normal amps from what I gather.

||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

thanks for the prompt replies guys! actually, for all you gibson fans, i currently have a les paul in layaway!!

ya, ive had the setup for a while now, and like i said, i am happy with the sound. just looking for little tweeks here and there to make it better.

Thanks for all the ideas! i think im going to start with an out board EQ. whats a good one??
Well, if you gave us the exact settings you're using (preferably with a pic) we could probably make more valid suggestions.
Ibanez RG1570 w/ Bareknuckle Pickups
Ibanez RG655
PRS SE Fredrik Åkesson Singlecut
Blackstar HT-5
Harley Benton G212 Vintage
BOSS TU-2
MXR M-108
Digitech Bad Monkey