Page 1 of 2
Well, sort of.

(Linky)

That super-famous user at your local forum? Yeah, turns out s/he is a prime example of the the Internet honing our collective wit, according to WaPo. The writer cites a popular commenter at the blog Jezebel as an example:
"I've definitely gotten better at knowing what works," says [commenter Erin] Ryan, whose day job is in finance. In the beginning she was all over the place. "Now my sense of humor is sharper and to the point." She agonizes over sentence construction and word choice; she hears from old friends who say, "I didn't remember you as so witty!"

Ryan is an anonymous commenter, not one of Jezebel's bloggers, but still has over a thousand followers.

Do you guys agree with this idea? I certainly do.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Finally I get an article written about me that doesn't end with "and is still at large...".
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by Kensai
Finally I get an article written about me that doesn't end with "and is still at large...".

well played.
Quote by NotFromANUS
"Don't brutal your sister, Timmy!"

last.fm
Without music, life would be a mistake.
Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote by noob888
I love you for that thread...

Quote by MightyAl
I am now mentally scarred by the image of Peter Crouch getting penalised.
Last edited by ryand111 at Oct 23, 2009,

yes that is what the pit needs, more Kensai worship.
Last.Fm

“If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.”
― Terry Pratchett

qft...

Jeremy Clarkson is a knob.
Quote by Kensai

lol omg lol omg lol omg

Quote by archangels666

It's not any different than learning to be witty from an older brother or a friend. It's just a different way of being exposed to them.

I think what's not really expressed here though is that you're exposed to so much of it. If you want to be liked, you have to be funny, and if you fail at it, you'll find out. The internet == more exposure + harsher feedback. It may have more of an effect than you think.

Or it might just have that effect on your willy, who knows?

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa

Quote by Kensai

Here we go again!
Quote by Kensai

☻/

/▌

/ \

PSN ID: Lord-MacTooth
I personally think most people laugh at Kensai because everyone else does...

Not saying you're not funny.. But it does seem more like ass-kissery...

LOL IM JUST KIDDING KENSAI I LVOE YOU
Quote by ClaptonWannabe
You've inadvertently highlighted the real reason people get 'popular' on internet forums.

Is it because the other users keep talking about them? I hope that's what it is.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa

Quote by Kensai

That's because you aren't as large as I hoped. It was more like a cocktail sausage. Again, just like Tesco's grocery courier service, you promise, but you don't deliver
Quote by SteveHouse
Is it because the other users keep talking about them? I hope that's what it is.

Correctomundo.

I'm not saying Kensai isn't nice or funny, but nothing sets him apart from a vast number of members on this site. E-fellating him seems to be the cool thing to do though, and you all swallow whatever he gives you.

Look up a few posts for unneccessarily eager responses to a relatively mundane comment.

I quite like Kensai, but shitting yourself every time he posts is a bit far for me.
Quote by Kensai

You mean:

?
Quote by ClaptonWannabe
Correctomundo.

I'm not saying Kensai isn't nice or funny, but nothing sets him apart from a vast number of members on this site. E-fellating him seems to be the cool thing to do though, and you all swallow whatever he gives you.

Look up a few posts for unneccessarily eager responses to a relatively mundane comment.

Mate I see you post something like this everytime I'm mentioned or quoted... sure it's not just you...?
Surprisingly interesting. I don't know how funny I am on the internet. People don't ever quote me saying how funny I am, like they do with Kensai.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by Kensai
Mate I see you post something like this everytime I'm mentioned or quoted... sure it's not just you...?

lol, it's gone to your head.

As I said before I like you perfectly well. You're one of the funniest members around. Do you not find the responses to your posts on here a little bit weird? Obviously the general context is different to 'real life,' but if people you know outside of UG acted around you like some of the people do on here you'd be getting restraining orders.

And I only ever post in threads actually dedicated to you. Outside of that I can't be arsed.

Let's face it if I replied to you every time you were quoted I'd have 16 billion posts all replying to lulstacks and 'I want your babies' comments.
Quote by ClaptonWannabe

As I said before I like you perfectly well. You're one of the funniest members around. Do you not find the responses to your posts on here a little bit weird? Obviously the general context is different to 'real life,' but if people you know outside of UG acted around you like some of the people do on here you'd be getting restraining orders.

And I only ever post in threads actually dedicated to you. Outside of that I can't be arsed.

Let's face it if I replied to you every time you were quoted I'd have 16 billion posts all replying to lulstacks and 'I want your babies' comments.

I have to say, I hear you go on about it more than the average poster. It is something that really seems to bug you.
Quote by LordBishek
I have to say, I hear you go on about it more than the average poster. It is something that really seems to bug you.

I doesn't really bug me at all actually, I just enjoy moaning.
Quote by ClaptonWannabe

Yes, but nobody else does. Enjoy YOU moaning, at least. Self-pity is another matter entirely.
Quote by LordBishek
Yes, but nobody else does. Enjoy YOU moaning, at least. Self-pity is another matter entirely.

Negative on the self-pity.

Positive on the superiority complex.
Quote by ClaptonWannabe

Honestly the thing worse than the asskissers is the moaners. Send me a PM so I can ignore it, I hate seeing this crap in the threads.

No offense, I'm just not in a good mood...
Quote by ClaptonWannabe

Lawl.

I agree with you, actually, I usually only reference it sarcastically or jokingly, but whatever the cause, his celebrity definitely exists. I think it's funny as hell.

Now: Is he on the cutting edge of the evolution of humor?

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa

Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...

Kensai's alright. Fellow INTP. (Yes, I know it says INTJ on my profile)

But this is going to turn into a full-blown Kensai thread. The article in the first post will be forgotten soon, if it hasn't been already.
Last edited by RedDeath9 at Oct 23, 2009,
Quote by SteveHouse
Now: Is he on the cutting edge of the evolution of humor?

No, that'd be me.

You don't know it yet, but in about a years time you'll find all my posts hilarious. The reason I post a lot in threads like this is to provide a future platform for comparison when I've outshone Kensai as the most popular person on the site.
Quote by ClaptonWannabe
Negative on the self-pity.

Positive on the superiority complex.

...Which is why we call it a complex, rather than actually for one moment entertain any notions of your superiority. Look, I get where you're coming from, I understand that at times it can be irritating to go into a thread to find it swamped with sycophants, but at the same time, you don't HAVE to post - you could just ignore them and get on with life. Because let's face it, if you're a moaner that can't make any difference to whatever it is you're moaning about anyway, it's even more fucking annoying than sycophancy. It looks like you're trying to be alternative just for the sake of non-conformity (even if you aren't). If somebody else is getting celebrated, even over an insignificant thing, why piss on their bonfire unnecessarily? No offence, but it implies the rest of us cares what you (the menopausal moaning mafia) think.
Quote by Kensai
Honestly the thing worse than the asskissers is the moaners. Send me a PM so I can ignore it, I hate seeing this crap in the threads.

No offense, I'm just not in a good mood...

You can ignore this stuff, too..

The only reason you're even in this thread is because it had your name on it.

I agree wholeheartedly with Clapton.
Quote by LordBishek
...Which is why we call it a complex, rather than actually for one moment entertain any notions of your superiority. Look, I get where you're coming from, I understand that at times it can be irritating to go into a thread to find it swamped with sycophants, but at the same time, you don't HAVE to post - you could just ignore them and get on with life. Because let's face it, if you're a moaner that can't make any difference to whatever it is you're moaning about anyway, it's even more fucking annoying than sycophancy. It looks like you're trying to be alternative just for the sake of non-conformity (even if you aren't). If somebody else is getting celebrated, even over an insignificant thing, why piss on their bonfire unnecessarily?

God you moan a lot. People don't like that you know. I understand it can be irritating when the thread is swamped with me but you don't HAVE to post - you could just ignore me and get on with life.

Is it still a complex to think you're better than everyone if you are actually better than everyone? If not, I don't have a complex at all.
No offence, but it implies the rest of us cares what you (the menopausal moaning mafia) think.

You do mean offence, but that's fine. Also, I appreciate the alliteration but the insult could have been better.
Quote by element4433
Surprisingly interesting. I don't know how funny I am on the internet. People don't ever quote me saying how funny I am, like they do with Kensai.

Me either, but I don't care. I don't try to be particularly funny usually anyway.
Quote by Kensai

I actually laughed quite a bit then
ᶌῖᶌα ɭα ɌεᶌσɭƲʈιʘϰ
Quote by ClaptonWannabe
Is it still a complex to think you're better than everyone if you are actually better than everyone? If not, I don't have a complex at all.

are you serious?

like... really serious?
Last.Fm

“If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.”
― Terry Pratchett

qft...

Jeremy Clarkson is a knob.
Page 1 of 2