Hi, i was just wondering, what is the best pedal, under about $100 for a metallica type thrash tone (early metallica) that tight hi gain kind of tone?
well James doesn't use pedals i think so...
try this on your amp for a master of puppets sound gain/7 low/8-10 mids/0 and high/7 works for me
HAVE A NICE DAY!
i rock a boss os-2, its overdrive and distortion. its versatile and buckthead uses it so its dank
Boss Metal Zone or EHX Metal Muff!
Ibanez RGT6EXFX -> Ibanez TS9 -> Korg Pitchblack -> Peavey 5150 II head -> Mesa Rectifier 2x12 cab
Quote by Dookie92
"dank"???

yes please enlighten
MY METALZ YOUTUBE CHANNEL

Quote by angusfan16
Okay UG where's my refund and free xbox. I need It for my 80 yr old grandma. She needs a new flower pot
Theres these new stompboxes called "Your Mom - Kirk Hammet signature distortion pedal" , a new company called MILF has start getting some rep from this one product , got one myself! Buy one its uber cool
Vintage ICON Peter Green Replica Les Paul
Epiphone LP Standard
Marshall JCM2000 DSL401 (New Valves )
Boss TU-2 & SD-1
EHX #1 Echo
thanks for the help so far guys, going to gc tomorrow so i want to know what to try out while im' there

and to slash fan..wtf?
Quote by Dookie92
"dank"???

Its a term used to describe good weed.

A lot of stoners use it to describe pretty much anything, so its starting to be picked up as a substitute for 'cool.'
Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list
Quote by handbanana
wiliscool is just plain dumb
Quote by camaross427
thanks for the help so far guys, going to gc tomorrow so i want to know what to try out while im' there

and to slash fan..wtf?

Sorry man

Seriously though i dont think you'd get a good metallica sound with a pedal , and stay away from the boss mt-2
Vintage ICON Peter Green Replica Les Paul
Epiphone LP Standard
Marshall JCM2000 DSL401 (New Valves )
Boss TU-2 & SD-1
EHX #1 Echo
Quote by slashfan189
Sorry man

Seriously though i dont think you'd get a good metallica sound with a pedal , and stay away from the boss mt-2

This. If you get a pedal, get a EHX Metal Muff or Digitech Hardwire distortion (for ridiculously high gain).
Quote by cainmd
i rock a boss os-2, its overdrive and distortion. its versatile and buckthead uses it so its dank

No he doesn't. Buckethead used to use Mesa/Boogie Triple Rectifiers but now uses Mesa/Boogie Stiletto Tridents.

OP, I recommend the Hardwire Valve Distortion or a Hardwire TL-2.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by slashfan189
Sorry man

lol it's ok i get a good one with my amp i was just wondering lol
Quote by thegreenmile
well James doesn't use pedals i think so...
try this on your amp for a master of puppets sound gain/7 low/8-10 mids/0 and high/7 works for me

fail
firstly, this might work on YOUR amp, but all amps are different. Second, that metal tone is EQ'd all wrong. SCOOP THE MIDS BRUTHA!!!!
Quote by SwampAshSpecial
fail
firstly, this might work on YOUR amp, but all amps are different. Second, that metal tone is EQ'd all wrong. SCOOP THE MIDS BRUTHA!!!!

The mids are scooped.

His settings are:

Gain 7
Bass 10
Mid 0
Treble 7

Double fail.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??