Today, my mom brought up buying a type of dog for breeding. I think it was a type of bulldog. I remember they're known for being relaxed, and very lazy; their personality sounded a lot like Pugs to me, if that helps.
Anyways, she brought it up because this breed's puppies sell from breeders for about $1600 each.
I told her I wouldn't take any part in it. I told her I don't support dog breeding, because instead of people breeding them, the people who would buy them for $1600 should instead adopt them, which will cost, as most, with neutering/spaying included, $100.

What do you think about this? My opinion is that dog breeding is wrong, and that I will not take any part in it. My reasoning is that people shouldn't breed more puppies, some of which will then have puppies of their own, and so on and so forth. In my opinion, seeing as there are enough dogs already in shelters and pounds, that adoption seems like a much better and more logical (not to mention more financially intelligent) option.

So, let's hear it Pit.
I've bred Irish Setters for over 30 years so we shall just have to agree to disagree.
Also tell your mom that people that get that kind of money for their pups have spent years breeding and showing dogs and are breeding champion bloodlines. In other words she's nuts.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
My family used to breed dogs. I had nothing wrong with it. We sold them ourselves and made sure that each puppy went to a good home.
There is a war going on for your mind.

If you are thinking, you are winning.

Resistance is victory.

We are building up a new world.
Do not sit idly by.
Tell her what Jackal said and maybe she'll shut her fucking hole.

I think you did the right thing though. I am totally against dog breeding, when they do it for money. Which almost all of them do.
Today I feel electric grey
I hope tomorrow, neon black
Dont really see a problem with breeding dogs. Lots of people only want a specific breed and if they are pure bred bulldogs then probably for show dogs also. Not saying people shouldnt think of adoption first but if you want a pure bred and want to know for sure its pure then getting a dog from a breeder is best in most cases.
Purebred dogs are usually better dogs in general, its just genetics.

My mothers side of the family has bred collies and whippets for as long as I can remember, and my mom has had a couple of champions (one of which was a really, really good obedience dog). If your mom is looking for a pet, maybe a rescue is in order. Also, unled she plans on spending immense time training and showing the dog, it doesn't matter too much of the bloodline.
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
Quote by DeathByDestroyr

My mothers side of the family has bred collies and whippets for as long as I can remember, and my mom has had a couple of champions (one of which was a really, really good obedience dog). If your mom is looking for a pet, maybe a rescue is in order. Also, unled she plans on spending immense time training and showing the dog, it doesn't matter too much of the bloodline.

Umm actually purebred dogs in general have more problems then mixes. look it up

Purebreeding gives you a good chance of getting certain bad traits of a breed or some of their common diseases.
Bulldogs are awful for breeding due to the fact they have far too many inherent disorders from birth, including but not limited to, eyesight problems, breathing problems, back problems (which in turn cause leg and muscle problems) so on, so forth. They are extremely expensive to raise/train and very difficult to sell on as they an acquired taste apparently.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr

No not really. People like the t/s mom decide "I'll breed dogs and make money" Well they don't take into account that all breeds of dogs have genetic health problems that cost a lot of money to screen for so you don't end up proliferating that condition.
My setters are x-rayed at 2 years for hip displasia. If they show any abnormalities in their hips they are immediately spayed or neutered and relegated to couch duty. They are also screed for PRA. An eye defect that causes blindness. If the gene has popped up in them then again they get to spend their lives watching football with me. No puppies for them. These tests cost money. I have shipped pups all over the world but if I added it all up I'd bet I'm in the hole a fair amount. It's a hobby. Not a business.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Quote by ChucklesMginty
It's just cruel the way Bulldogs are bred.

How is it cruel? You get a male and a female, let them screw. The female gets pregnant. I don't see cruelty in that.
Due what you want as long as you vote Due!
Quote by tayroar
How is it cruel? You get a male and a female, let them screw. The female gets pregnant. I don't see cruelty in that.

Man it's cruel making anything fuck something that fucking ugly.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Quote by DeathByDestroyr

Not really. That's like saying the royal families in Europe are better, it's just genetics. The dogs often get inbred because it's sometimes more convenient. There are just a lot more problems, same reason jewish people or Greek people often have genetic diseases. When you breed within a community that is like you, after many years the undominant (forgot the word for it) trait becomes more and more expressed.
Due what you want as long as you vote Due!
Quote by tayroar
Not really. That's like saying the royal families in Europe are better, it's just genetics. The dogs often get inbred because it's sometimes more convenient. There are just a lot more problems, same reason jewish people or Greek people often have genetic diseases. When you breed within a community that is like you, after many years the undominant (forgot the word for it) trait becomes more and more expressed.
Recessive?
Quote by tayroar

All purebred dogs are inbred. That's how the desired traits of the breed get set.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
I find nothing wrong with it.
■■■
'member The Pit of 10'? oH, I 'member!

╚═ ▼▲▼▲▼═╝
Quote by RocksAwakening5
I find nothing wrong with it.

I have issues with people that do it just to make a buck. That's where puppy mills come from.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi