Hi Guys and girls, I got a dilemma. I'm looking for my first practice amp and wanna know which is better. the Vox VT15. Or the Line 6 Spider IV 15 w. Any ideas folks? Can anyone help me??
Cheers!!
Yeah I read that on here, other sites rate them though and all the shops I've been in tell me they sell more of them than the vox. Strange!!
Quote by AdamskiMass
Are marshall mgs pretty good then?

NONONO!!!
Get the Vox VT. They're great.
Quote by Tone Deaf
Someone has had too much jager in their slushy. :/
Quote by CL/\SH
First person on UG to be a grammar nazi and use the correct form of "your" in the correct context.

+ 70 virgins to you, my good sir.

Quote by Fassa Albrecht
Girls DO fap...I don't though.
I heard the new spiders may be better, but I've played the VT15 and absolutely love it. Great sounding amp and a great first practice amp. If you're strictly going for metal, I would recommend the peavey vypyr 15. The vox is great for cleans, but I can coax metal tones out of it.

I don't have any experience with the spider IV. I've heard the III and it sounded like shit.

Really it depends on what you're playing, but both the vt and the vypyr are quite versatile.
Cheers Metalhead/eric, I'm hoping to get some nice blues and rock sounds out of it along with my les paul thats on the way to me. So the vt is the one?
Last edited by AdamskiMass at Oct 23, 2009,
for a practice amp anything is a safe bet because usually you and maybe your friends are going to hear it. so to that i say line six but NEVER get a modeling amp over 100 dollars
Quote by AdamskiMass
Yeah I read that on here, other sites rate them though and all the shops I've been in tell me they sell more of them than the vox. Strange!!

That's only because n00bs go in there (I was once one myself) and think, "this amp is br00tal! It can model other players? Wowie zowie!"

A few weeks after making the purchase without trying any other amps, they realize their mistake. Don't join their numbers, please.
Quote by AdamskiMass
Is that cos the tubes go?

none of the amps we're talking about are tube, their solid state which use transistors instead of tubes. but thats a really long conversation that im not gonna go into. anyways the vox is awesome. get it.
GEAR

1976 Gibson SG
Epiphone Les Paul 100
Takamine GS330S Acoustic
Crate 65 watt
Crybaby classic wah
I use the VT-30 (I think) in my high school jazz band. It's the band director's amp that he doesn't use very much, and it does the job very well. It gets nice cleans, and has plenty of built in presets. I would recommend the amp for a practice amp. It's nothing fabulous, but it does the job.
Warmoth Strat w/ Lace Holy Grails
'07 Roadhouse Strat
Washburn WD-21 all Koa Acoustic
Marshall JCM-2000 TSL-122
Bugera V-5