My co-guitarist is looking for a new guitar.

His specs:

Versatile (Cleans, Grunge, Metal, Hard Rock, FUNK)
Double Cutaway
Humbuckers
£1000 and under
Tremolo (can be FR)
..and, I quote "just the coolest most awsomist brilliant in every way shit hot guitar"

I suggested Shecters, but he wasn't a fan.

It also has to have some "funky paintwork".

So, any ideas?

EDIT: How did I manage to curse in the title without filter? Awesome."
ᶌῖᶌα ɭα ɌεᶌσɭƲʈιʘϰ
Last edited by Vauxite at Oct 23, 2009,
You could look into the Ibanezes with the chameleon paintwork, Ive seen it in person, its pretty funky.
LTD MH-250NT (With EMG 81/85)
Ibanez RGT42FXQM
Bugera 6260
Seismic Audio 212
Esp.
(۳ ˚Д˚۳
WTFISTHIS****!?!??

My Rig

Quote by SimplyBen
Wait until he's trying the fullstack, then shove it from behind. Crushing him with it's overdrive

Quote by BobDetroit
You can't tune a LP copies down. Some kind of lawsuit Gibson won. Sorry.
Your specs that are met:

- Shit hot
- Humbucker
- Tremolo
- And im sure shes VERY versatile :P
Dunno how much it costs though unfortunately....
Attachments:
766803-Adult-Sexy-Glam-Rock-Guitar-Costume-main.jpg
MY METALZ YOUTUBE CHANNEL

Quote by angusfan16
Okay UG where's my refund and free xbox. I need It for my 80 yr old grandma. She needs a new flower pot
Last edited by leony03 at Oct 23, 2009,
^^

TS, if your friend hasn't actually tried a Schecter get him to try a C-1 Hellraiser, they are in the budget and very nice instruments. If he has tried one and doesn't like it, I would look into Ibanez or Dean

I believe this to be a shit hot guitar by anyones standards...
Last edited by Random3 at Oct 23, 2009,
Quote by Random3
^^

TS, if your friend hasn't actually tried a Schecter get him to try a C-1 Hellraiser, they are in the budget and very nice instruments. If he has tried one and doesn't like it, I would look into Ibanez or Dean

or ESP
MY METALZ YOUTUBE CHANNEL

Quote by angusfan16
Okay UG where's my refund and free xbox. I need It for my 80 yr old grandma. She needs a new flower pot
i'd want to try one of those new sovereigns for that kind of money- if you're near a dealer, that is. I haven't tried them yet. on paper, anyway, the spec is great, and they're made in england.

http://www.sovereignguitars.co.uk/

if you're/he's not near a dealer, though, that's going to be a bit risky considering i don't know of anyone who's tried them yet.

if he could up his budget slightly, vigiers would be worth a look, or those pro series suhrs.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Random3
^^

I believe this to be a shit hot guitar by anyones standards...

That the exact guitar I showed him, he thought it looked too much like a yamaha.
ᶌῖᶌα ɭα ɌεᶌσɭƲʈιʘϰ
Quote by Vauxite
That the exact guitar I showed him, he thought it looked too much like a yamaha.

I don't think I'll be alone in thinking this, but if he refuses to try a Schecter Hellraiser because he thinks it looks like a Yamaha then he doesn't deserve one. That's like refusing to try a Gibson Les Paul because it looks like something you saw in Argos.
what's wrong with yamaha?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
For that amount of money and with "crazy paint" (I assume graphics) you get stuff like this: http://www.espguitars.com/guitars_graphic.html#ex
If he could spend a bit more I think something like this would be better:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Jackson-DK1-Blue-Ghost-Flames-Electric-Guitar-_W0QQitemZ350187985461QQcmdZViewItem?rvr_id=&itemid=350187985461
and its only 1,195.44 this many of you people's monies. Its sexy, maybe not super versatile but not shabby at all, and is top notch quality.
Last edited by fretz86 at Oct 23, 2009,
Well he already has a Yamaha, he just wants a change.
ᶌῖᶌα ɭα ɌεᶌσɭƲʈιʘϰ
Esp horizon with duncans
Guitars
Fender American Standard Strat 2008
Burny late 1980's Super Grade RLG-70 Les Paul
Sterling by Musicman JP50
Fender Classic Series 60's tele
Yamaha FS720S
Amp
Roland Microcube
Fender Blues Junior III Humholdt
http://www.felineguitars.com/shop/shop_guitars.html

All custom made. check out the amber 'Gunslinger'
Quote by Skraeling86
That's a lot of booze. Frankly, I'm impressed. You're of a stronger timber than the average man, jimbob! Hail you.

Quote by Bubban
Yes you should go to a doctor, fucking moron. We can't do anything about your hemorrhoid.

that's a very good call, actually. haven't actually tried any felines, but i hear great things about them. I forgot they sometimes have models on special offers.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I'd suggest looking into a ESP horizon or a Jackson soloist both hellish guitars.
I'd probs end up going for a soloist if I wanted versatility, they tend to have more opinions of pickups and you get a wider choice of paint jobs.
Member of the Jackson RR24 Owners club!

Esp Eclipse II Snow white
Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Ibanez RGA-8
Jackson RR24 Black w/yellow bevels, Limited 1/75
Yamaha FG-400A
Last edited by sepultura alma at Oct 24, 2009,