I just got a Gibson Les paul standard 2009, and I noticed that when i put on a lot of distortion, and play a chord or something, and let it ring out, after a few seconds it will start making this screeching noise, almost like a pinch harmonic sound, by itself, and when I touch the strings, it stops (the string stops vibrating). This also happens when i just lightly touch one of the strings. Is this normal?
P.S.:All of this only happens when its on the "Insane" channel on my amp (Lots of distortion), no pedal
By saying insane channel I am guessing you have a spider, it could be your pickups are microphonic or a grounding problem.
Feedback?

Step away from the amp.

Turn the distortion level down.

Turn the volume down.

Bodacious Bob

Schecter Omen 7 Extreme
Ibanez RGR08LTD BK
Behringer TU-100
EHX Metal Muff
Boss MT-2
GLX EQ-100
Marshall VS15

Quote by tpot06
Bodacious bob wins all.
Feedback?
Quote by Venice King
Beethoven ****ed Jimi Hendrix and I was born. I make my own music.
Quote by BodaciousBob
Feedback?

Step away from the amp.

Turn the distortion level down.

Turn the volume down.

this
ProTone Pedals: Attack Overdrive
Fractal Audio: AxeFX 2
Engl: Fireball 60
Zilla: Fatboy 2x12
Carvin: DC700
Carvin: Vader 7
Schecter: KM-7 MKii
Schecter: Banshee 8 Passive
Jackson: DK2M
That's just the Les Paul squealing in pain being plugged into a spider.

Really sounds like it's just feedback though. Are you facing the amp when it happens? How far away do you stand?
Les Paul Traditional '08
Fender American Strat '99
Martin D16
Peavey Classic 50 2x12
535 Crybaby-Whammy-Small Clone-DD7 Delay

"I have a very high EQ--something like 3,000 hertz. If I think too hard, my brain hertz." Harrison
Yeah I was facing the amp like one foot away from it. I think that may have been the reason
its feedback, and dude, get rid of your spider and get at least like a crush 30 watt, that worked pretty good 4 me
Quote by Minkaro
I''d congratulate him.

To be fair, he's done amazingly well to punch my hand when it's usually in my pocket.