Yeah so I was looking for my own gigging amp set-up as I've been borrowing for almost a year and a half and I was looking at these cabs. Anyone have any experiance with them or anything? I like the look of them if it helps it'll be going with a 6505 head. So as you can geuss I'm playing metal/punk. I appreciate the help guys.
Guitars
Ibanez S470B
Iabez MTM2 w/ Seymoar Duncan Blackouts
Epiphone SG

Amps
Roland Micro Cube

Pedals
Boss MT-2
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
There's better. I personally don't like them at all but they're a decent cab if you can get it for cheap. I'd look for a used Mesa or the like.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Ahh ok, and can you help me on the difference between open and closed back cabs?
Guitars
Ibanez S470B
Epiphone SG

Amps
Roland Micro Cube

Pedals
Boss MT-2
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Quote by Crizzle
Ahh ok, and can you help me on the difference between open and closed back cabs?

Open backs typically have more midrange, less bass and have a bit more of an "airy" quality to them when compared with closed backs. They have better room filling qualities, but I wouldn't even consider one for metal. I'd definitely go closed for that.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Ok man thanks
Guitars
Ibanez S470B
Epiphone SG

Amps
Roland Micro Cube

Pedals
Boss MT-2
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
i own a 1936, and i use a DSL50 thru it. it sounds like gold. it depends what speakers are in it, but a marshall cab is a marshall cab. the sound will not be "bad," but if you don't prefer it, then find another cab.
My first post. Been at this 35 years and many Marshalls.
If you want tone, buy any other cab made from baltic birch.
I have had several 1936 cabs. I have two early 80's Marshall 1936, still made from baltic plywood, and g1265's...they sound killer.
I have owned several of the 900 series, with different speakers (g12H/vintage30 combined, greenbacks, etc) and they sound dead and dull in comparison.
So, my point is, the Marshall looks cool, but for less money, one could get a mojo vintage copy, or avatar, both with real plywood construction, and whatever speaker you use, it will sound MUCH nicer. Nicer resonance, nicer tone and response. Night and day, really, whatever speakers used.

If I was to get another 2x12, it would be a mojo vintage copy, or one of the many other options, Germino, Avatar, etc.
The newer particle board Marshall's are a lot of money, and can even be more than a brand new real plywood cab from someone else. Especially when new.

My two cents.
Rock on! Pete
^best advice that can be given is from firsthand experience...i'll keep what you said in mind as well, seeing as i'll eventually want a 2x12
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
*fellow LEO feel free to give a shout out
Avatars have really nice 2x12's maybe check them out?
Gear
Peavey Vypyr 15
Peavey Windsor head

Custom Ibanez RG
ESP EC-1000
Remember that only the backs of Marshall cabs are MDF board. The sides, bottom & top is made of plywood.

It is always smart to buy used Marshall cabs over new ones. They are plentiful on the used market and go for less than half what they are priced new.
MARSHALL JVM 210H
PEAVEY JSX
KRANK 412
MESA 412
FENDER STRATS
DIMARZIO
CELESTION
its a decent cab, not the best in the world but the 1936V does have V30 speakers in it which is what you need for your music style. mine copes and sounds fantastic with my Dual Recto so it should be good with a 6505
Tom Anderson Guitarworks

Mayones Guitars

Suhr Guitars

Mesa Boogie

Friedman Amplification

Fractal Audio Systems

Quote by Bladed-Vaults
*Bane voice* ahhh yes. The br00tz, I was born with it. Molded by it. I didnt know of the light until I was already a man.