S S S S S S S S Q Q E E
--------------------------------------
---------------------------7---5--7--
----------------------9---7---5--7--
-9-9-9-9-9-9-9-9-9---7---5--7--
-7-7-7-7-7-7-7-7-7---5---3--5--
-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0---------------
PM.....................

But since I play the palm muted sixteenth note E chord in the beginning, it sounds a lot like Zeppelin's Communication breakdown.
And if I ever recorded this with my band, there could be a possibility of lawsuit

Anyone else ever create riffs that sound a lot like a particular song?
I'll pretend I can mod your amp but break it instead.
ratracekid111
UG's6thMostIdealManDUDE
278 IQ
happens to me all the time
❒ Taken ❒ Single ✔ Would like a sandwich

Vereor Deus

Quote by dann_blood
Branding!?!? THAT'S TOO PROGRESSIVE! I say bring back settlement payments in weights of lead and impalement upon wooden stakes!

Quote by Doctor Matthews
Oh! Sorry, I thought that was a braille name tag.
ibanez87
Long live rock!
1,317 IQ
If I understand the rhythm notated, no it doesn't sound too much like Communication Breakdown. It'll be fine. Record the song with your band. Zeppelin really has no right to ever sue someone for that cause they ripped off people all the time. (I'm not bashing Zep, I love Zep, but it's true)
nick_b
Pokemon Master
285 IQ
it wasnt til about half an hour through running through this really cool riff i came up with that i realised it was the opening harmony line from 'hand of blood' by bullet for my valentine. most frustrating moment ever.
nick_b is currently obsessed with:
Pokemon
Pinch Harmonics
12/8 timing
7/8 timing
Lamb of God
Rise Against
Regina Spektor
Dream Theater
and many others...
guitarlord28
UG Fanatic
2,012 IQ
Quote by ibanez87
If I understand the rhythm notated, no it doesn't sound too much like Communication Breakdown. It'll be fine. Record the song with your band. Zeppelin really has no right to ever sue someone for that cause they ripped off people all the time. (I'm not bashing Zep, I love Zep, but it's true)

The thing is, I play the rhythm almost exactly like Page, just with the extra B note on the D string. Then I just add a different ending to it. You don't think it sounds very much like it?
BoxCarMothra
easy lucky free
160 IQ
God, yes. It's so frustrating. Two nights ago I was playing around and came up with a pretty cool riff/melody, but I know I've heard it before. I just can't place it, at all.
guitarlord28
UG Fanatic
2,012 IQ
Quote by BoxCarMothra
God, yes. It's so frustrating. Two nights ago I was playing around and came up with a pretty cool riff/melody, but I know I've heard it before. I just can't place it, at all.

Quote by JesseBlanchard
Yeh its even worse when you dont know where the riff is from.

I know what you mean. I came up with a riff that sounds really cool. But, it sounds just like an early AC/DC song, but I don't know which!