So I'm going to get a new amp. I'm going to save for it, so no budget. If it was a more expensive amp, eBay or craigslist. I play mainly classic rock (Zeppelin, AC/DC, Queen, etc.), blues, etc. I was going to get an Orange Tiny Terror head, but I don't know after asking some people. I heard Carvins, Bogners, Traynors, and Egnaters were good also. What does UG say?

EDIT: All right, all right. I currently have about $500 saved for my new amp (and possible cab). I will save more once I get another job. (My current one ends in 2 weeks, only seasonal)

EDIT2: Now I feel like an idiot for spelling
I'll pretend I can mod your amp but break it instead.
Last edited by guitarlord28 at Oct 23, 2009,
based on those bands i would recommend an older marshall JCM...they have that classic british crunch that it seems like your looking for
Unlimited budget- Plexi, Jilver Jubilee, Plexi Clone

Within reason- Vox Night Train, Egnater Rebel 20, NOT the Tiny terror (overpriced and lacking definition), Vox AC15, used JCM800 or 900

-Gibson LP VM
-Silvertone Kentucky Blue
-MXR CC Delay
-Ibanez TS-9
-Egnater Rebel 20

My rig is simple
Haha. UG's Chuck just said chuck. haha
You're not truly playing guitar unless you know theory.
Quote by thrasher.
Budget please?

Also this, but you said you were considering a Tiny Terror, so I'm guessing your budget isnt really unlimited...

-Gibson LP VM
-MXR CC Delay
-Ibanez TS-9
-Egnater Rebel 20

My rig is simple
Quote by jc349
Also this, but you said you were considering a Tiny Terror, so I'm guessing your budget isnt really unlimited...

But he did say Bogner, assuming he's not looking at the Alchemist, but that's still $1000.
Quote by thrasher.
But he did say Bogner, assuming he's not looking at the Alchemist, but that's still $1000.

He just said that people had mentioned the name to him. Seeing that he spelt Egnater wrong, I'm guessing he hasn't researched prices much yet...

-Gibson LP VM
-MXR CC Delay
-Ibanez TS-9
-Egnater Rebel 20

My rig is simple
Seeing as you have $500 saved, your best bet is to save up a little more. You could look into a Night Train w/ the cab they make, and get a discount, and I think you'd be at around $600. Maybe a Blackheart Handsome Devil + Cab, Musicians friend has the head on sale for $249. You'd have some cash for pedals and you could sell it for what you paid.
Quote by thrasher.
Seeing as you have $500 saved, your best bet is to save up a little more. You could look into a Night Train w/ the cab they make, and get a discount, and I think you'd be at around $600. Maybe a Blackheart Handsome Devil + Cab, Musicians friend has the head on sale for $249. You'd have some cash for pedals and you could sell it for what you paid.

+1 for the Night Train.

-Gibson LP VM
-MXR CC Delay
-Ibanez TS-9
-Egnater Rebel 20

My rig is simple
How good are the Egnater Rebel 20s? The distortion? The cleans? Can they get from Zeppelin distortion to Queen cleans? I heard they were good.
Quote by guitarlord28
How good are the Egnater Rebel 20s? The distortion? The cleans? Can they get from Zeppelin distortion to Queen cleans? I heard they were good.

JC has one. He likes it, I like them also. That can be most certainly achieved.
So, probably no TT? Its seems to be between the Night Train and the Rebel 20. I'll have to listen to them more. Would you recommend Carvin over those two?