Fender Jazz V
Yahama Pacifica 112
Acoustic B200h
2 custom 1x15 cabs
Vox AD30VT
too many pedals
Quote by darkcheef
Horrible fake movie is horrible.

are you serious? not only was that movie a masterpiece, it had me scared shitless. i havent slept in an unlit room in days

edit: and of course its fake, it only looked "real" because thats the style it was filmed in
Quote by Marshmelllow
graphs. graphs always work. my old work place had an awesome printer, so i was constantly making graphs.

that was until i made a graph of how much my boss pissed me off. but seriously dude, graphs.
Quote by darkcheef

My god man, everything you post is wrong.

[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
Quote by frozen_soul
are you serious? not only was that movie a masterpiece, it had me scared shitless. i havent slept in an unlit room in days

edit: and of course its fake, it only looked "real" because thats the style it was filmed in

I was bored THE WHOLE MOVIE, really even Quarantine was scarier and that movie sucked.
I haven't seen it, but someone at my local theater had a heart attack during it. I don't know if it was from the movie or other complications though.
Quote by darkcheef
I was bored THE WHOLE MOVIE, really even Quarantine was scarier and that movie sucked.

well you obviously didnt catch all the subtle nuances that the movie had, maybe if your taste in movies was more refined you'd have enjoyed it.
Quote by Marshmelllow
graphs. graphs always work. my old work place had an awesome printer, so i was constantly making graphs.

that was until i made a graph of how much my boss pissed me off. but seriously dude, graphs.
Quote by darkcheef

listen to this man, i watched it last night, and wow, i was bored, i think the best part of the movie were the credits rolling on the screen....lol nah, honestly i dunno, i wasnt scared at all, i was bored as ****, i think the ending was probably the best part, and the one part when shes in bed and shes smiling and saying "everything is going to be alright" the look on her face was WTF. It was creepy. But other than that, the movie sucked, i was dissapointed, everyone i was with was scared, i dont know why, like ****, quarantine out of all movies was scarier.
Quote by candysars
Thank you Jesusaurus.
Honestly, I think it looks like crap. I have no intention of seeing it.

The people who find that movie scary are probably the same people who believe shows like Ghost Hunters are real.
My guitar modification blog.
Quote by MuffinMan
Jesus was all like "To those about to rock, I salute you." then he grabbed his mighty axe and rocked the Romans out really hard. Of course they were strict classical music so....
I thought it was ****ing awesome honestly. The actors were plain and ordinary enough to be real people, the special effects never really seemed unbelievable, and there was no music so it never really made you think you weren't watching two people get ****ed over. I thought it was a great movie and one of the scariest movies of all time. I loved it, but probably won't watch it again because it felt straight up evil and real.
Quote by Black Star
Honestly, I think it looks like crap. I have no intention of seeing it.

The people who find that movie scary are probably the same people who believe shows like Ghost Hunters are real.

People who think stuff like this are crap lack imagination.

[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
Quote by this&that
listen to this man, i watched it last night, and wow, i was bored, i think the best part of the movie were the credits rolling on the screen....lol nah, honestly i dunno, i wasnt scared at all, i was bored as ****, i think the ending was probably the best part, and the one part when shes in bed and shes smiling and saying "everything is going to be alright" the look on her face was WTF. It was creepy. But other than that, the movie sucked, i was dissapointed, everyone i was with was scared, i dont know why, like ****, quarantine out of all movies was scarier.

I know, I think people just got caught up in the sheep mentality and believed everything someone else said about the movie and went to the movie already scared because there friend said it was.
Quote by Momentosis
People who think stuff like this are crap lack imagination.

You don't have to lack imagination to not find a light "turning on by itself" entertaining or scary.
Quote by MuffinMan
Jesus was all like "To those about to rock, I salute you." then he grabbed his mighty axe and rocked the Romans out really hard. Of course they were strict classical music so....
Last edited by Black Star at Oct 23, 2009,
Quote by Black Star
You don't have to lack imagination to not find a light "turning on by itself" entertaining or scary.

yes actually you do. because when i saw things like that happening i imagined what the demon looked like and it was terrifying in my eyes
Quote by Marshmelllow

Quote by frozen_soul
yes actually you do. because when i saw things like that happening i imagined what the demon looked like and it was terrifying in my eyes

Maybe to someone who doesn't believe in ghost and fairytales it wont be scary
Quote by Black Star

one of the lights in my room does that sometimes, and I have to admit, it does scare me sometimes
Tool
Sleep
Gojira
Puscifer
Neurosis
Sunn O)))
Meshuggah
Modest Mouse
Electric Wizard
Mammoth Grinder

Lucid Dreaming Thread
Quote by darkcheef
I know, I think people just got caught up in the sheep mentality and believed everything someone else said about the movie and went to the movie already scared because there friend said it was.

lololol, i think it also had to do with a bunch of ****** kids yelling in the theatre, HOLY SHIT, THIS MOVIE IS ****ED, TURN AROUND DUDE HES GONNA GET YOU. It was meh, i guess, it did have its moments, cause it was made to seem real, but i dunno, it was meh for me. One of the girls i went with was terrified, and she said she felt unwell after seeing it cause it was such an evil film. I lol'd at her.
Quote by candysars
Thank you Jesusaurus.
Quote by chaos13
one of the lights in my room does that sometimes, and I have to admit, it does scare me sometimes

Quote by frozen_soul

So if I were to come into your house and flicker some lights without you noticing me, would you scream like a schoolgirl because of "ghosts"?
Quote by MuffinMan
Quote by frozen_soul

Think of it as a bunny then.. not so scary now amirite?

No, because it does not exist.

Paranormal activity = Physics yet to be studied.
i can say that a lot of scary movies have something in them that would never happen in real life, that doesnt mean they arent scary.
Quote by Marshmelllow

This movie has my respect because there is absolutely no music to it. One of the biggest factors that makes a movie scary is music creating suspense.. and there was absolutely none in Paranormal Activity. It wasn't mainstream scary, but I thoroughly enjoyed it.
Quote by kamayzing
This movie has my respect because there is absolutely no music to it. One of the biggest factors that makes a movie scary is music creating suspense.. and there was absolutely none in Paranormal Activity. It wasn't mainstream scary, but I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Everyone knows that old jazz music is eerie scary music, like no joke the only part I was scared in from the movie with the haunted hotel room was when the jazz played
Quote by frozen_soul
i can say that a lot of scary movies have something in them that would never happen in real life, that doesnt mean they arent scary.

Honestly, in my opinion, what makes a horror movie scary is the realism. Although I love movies like Nightmare on Elm Street, it's obvious that some murderer that kills people in their dreams cannot actually exist. Hence, it's not scary.

Now, take something like Halloween, Friday the 13th, Texas Chainsaw Massacre, or even Saw (though I despise the movie). Some of it's a little far-fetched, but it has that edge of realism. All of those things could actually happen.
Quote by MuffinMan
Quote by Black Star
Honestly, in my opinion, what makes a horror movie scary is the realism. Although I love movies like Nightmare on Elm Street, it's obvious that some murderer that kills people in their dreams cannot actually exist. Hence, it's not scary.

Now, take something like Halloween, Friday the 13th, Texas Chainsaw Massacre, or even Saw (though I despise the movie). Some of it's a little far-fetched, but it has that edge of realism. All of those things could actually happen.

well it depends on the person, if theyre a religious type than it could very well happen in their eyes. but yeah i dont believe in demons at all, but just the idea of something lurking in the darkness terrifies me. just in case anyone didnt know it was a demon NOT a ghost.
Quote by Marshmelllow

I couldn't ****ing pay attention very much because Katie was so hot. I had to pause it and fap like 3 times so I could focus on the scary stuff.

It was very suspenseful though, and something I've never seen before. Props for that.
^^^ you thought she was hot? She was as big as a small whale. I'm glad the movie didn't rely on cheap pop out scares, but it still wasn't scary.
frog_friend and WGP: UG's Kramer brotherhood

Ug's 4th ENGL endorser
Randy Rhoads is god
founder of the "ENGL amps" fanclub. PM me to join
"scary movies" that are no where near real (freddys, jasons,...) are not scary at all, but like said before the realist ones, and ones based on true stories are the ones that creap me out. Texas Chainsaw Massacre ruined part of my childhood, the first saw scared the **** out of me

ive heard it was scary as ****, and i've heard it was ok, haven't heard it sucked yet
MIM Tele
Fender Blues Jr NOS
Schecter Omen 6
Squier Strat
Greg Bennett Acoustic
other crap...
If seeing is believing...

...Then believe that we have lost our eyes!!
Quote by darkcheef

.................. ....
Smells like fish
I will admit that the blair witch project scared me though, only because I was like 6 and lived in Maryland
Quote by frozen_soul

I'm not trying to sound like a hard ass or anything, but it didn't scare me except for the very first night. After that, I was in my bed with the lights off snoozing like a baby.

Edit: It didn't scare me but I thought it was a fantastic movie, just to clarify that I did in fact enjoy it.

Four Year Strong Plays in D Standard. Not Drop D.
Quote by Ed Hunter

I just slapped the computer screen with my dick because of this thread.
Last edited by ☼Blink☼ at Oct 24, 2009,
So don't download the movie because the ending will make you want to punch babies with other babies.
Quote by Black Star

The Strangers was scary for this very reason.
Due what you want as long as you vote Due!
Is this another one of those movies where something pops up out of nowhere and screams really loud for no apparent reason?

cus i hate those movies

edit: like the grudge and the ring. horrible movies.
Why should I come down?
From here, I can see forever.
Last edited by RocknRollRay at Oct 24, 2009,
Page 1 of 4