in order to become a good one, we have to play guitar everyday...
a.) is that right ?
b.) what to play(though i`m a newbie) ?
c. ) how many hours do I have to spend for guitar everyday ?
a) i play guitar everyday, so I would say yes
b) chords to start off with, learn all your verious chords, then learn scales
c) atleast 2 hours + a day.
Quote by element4433
One time I watched a dog lick his own dick for twenty minutes.

Quote by Roc8995
No.

Well, technically it could be done, but only in the same way that you could change a cat into a hamburger. It's an unpleasant process, and nobody is happy with the result.
Basically yes. But it also depends on how you go about it.

If you want to be really good at what you do you have to put your 10,000 hours in. Which is a good deal of your life. So dedicate yourself.
Originally Posted by happytimeharry
Your avatar is creepy, yet incredibly hypnotic...

I do what I can

Originally Posted by FiNNi
@AlterEdge: On a side note, I laughed when I noticed pedobear was your avatar

Me too... me too...
Firstly, to become a good what? and secondly, "good" is so incredibly subjective. To be universally hailed as "good" is nigh impossible. I play as much as possible, but only because I just plain love playing, and I love music. I suggest you do the same.
Вяєҭҭ
ZeGuitarist's sister is hawt.
?)
dont force yourself to play, pick your guitar up and play when you feel like it. If you make it a chore you'll wind up not enjoying it, and in my personal experience, when you force yourself to play you dont improve very much.
Quote by kurtebirdi
dont force yourself to play, pick your guitar up and play when you feel like it. If you make it a chore you'll wind up not enjoying it, and in my personal experience, when you force yourself to play you dont improve very much.

In my experience, if you only play guitar when you feel like it and don't force yourself to get over a few hurtles, you'll never become anything more than a mediocre player.
Quote by acjshapiro

Quote by Vrstone87

meh, I've listened to every radiohead album and honestly don't get what everyone loves about them.....

cause you're ****ing stupid

Quote by dhof161
play everyday play scales and patterns

why?
Quote by razorback91
Im sorry, I just don't see how you could argue that hardcore isn't metal. That just seems arrogant to me.

Yes, its its own kind of metal, but its still metal.
Quote by AlterEdge
Basically yes. But it also depends on how you go about it.

If you want to be really good at what you do you have to put your 10,000 hours in. Which is a good deal of your life. So dedicate yourself.

Lol, you read that book too?

By the way, I guess the 10,000 hour thing is true. Ive had two private teachers (who both played professionally for a living) and they said they both had an epiphany one day where their instrument wasnt hard anymore. After doing some rough calculations, they discovered that the day would have marked approx. 10,000 hours of playing.

So once you put in the 10,000 hours, your good to go
Playing every single day isn't that necessary. 5 days a week is enough. As for the time, it depends on what kind of practice you're doing. Serious practice, an hour a day is enough.
Quote by MH400
a girl on the interwebz?

You have 2 options.

1. Tits.
2. GTFO.

when your learning new stuff time seems to fly by anyway, but if your teaching yourself, it felt to me like it was a drag at first to learn all the basic chords and string them into songs. And once youve passed that hurdle its up from there, once you have the basics down i think the hours will fly by without you realising it
GEAR :

Ibanez SA260FM
Burswood Strat Copy
Marshall GV-2 Distortion
Crate FlexWave 120 Amp

if you love the feeling of making music with your own hands, then you'll get good at any instrument that interests you.
play a lot
play so much that when you dont you wil feel nervous (i left my guitar at the shop the other day...i was shaking i felt the need to play so badly)
go to lessons, you need someone to paceyou
Don't make the mistake i did for the first few years of playing guitar which was to play > practicing. Sitting down with chords/scales/theory/METRONOME etc and being disciplined in practice will make you better. I guess this can mean everyday but a 'solid' amount a week, practicing properly needn't have you playing every day to get 'good'. Would help though.

Don't underestimate the importance of learning chords (what they are, how they work etc), scales and patterns (and thus learning the notes on the fretboard and how they interact) and using a metronome (especially when practicing scales).
But when you're playing patterns to a metronome every day....If you are honest, do you really get better by doing that? If you want to become better at playing the guitar you should be playing the guitar instead of being a robot who plays pointless scale patterns
Quote by razorback91
Im sorry, I just don't see how you could argue that hardcore isn't metal. That just seems arrogant to me.

First off, that 10,000 hours thing is utter bullshit.
You don't get good because you've clocked up a certain amount of hours.
You get good because you've put the effort in over a long period of time.

As for what to practice, that really depends on what your goals are.
Want to have phenomenal technique so you can play pretty much anything you want? Those 'mindless, robotic' exercises are the way to go for the kind of finger independence and coordination you need.

The 'just jam and let the music flow, maaaan!' attitude is pretty much useless unless you have at least a basic physical and mental sense of what the hell you're actually doing.
I never meant 'just jam"
l at least you have to pay close attention to the music you are playing. otherwise you are not practicing
Quote by razorback91

Quote by 08L1V10N
I never meant 'just jam"
l at least you have to pay close attention to the music you are playing. otherwise you are not practicing

Oh, that wasn't directed at anyone in particular
Quote by Cheesepuff
if you love the feeling of making music with your own hands, then you'll get good at any instrument that interests you.
This. If you love music enough, you will love practicing, and you will practice often, and overtime get good.
Only play what you hear. If you don’t hear anything, don’t play anything.
-Chick Corea
Quote by W>O
a.) is that right ?

yes, but if you just dont want to play one day dont force it. keep it fun. some days i dont have time to play. but for the most part i play everyday.

what to play? well what do you want to play? most of my practice time is me just jamming along to CD's. i spend about a half hour to an hour on exercises as well usually. some days i just do exercises and some days i just play.

well that depends. id say at least an hour. but play as long as you want really. some days i play almost all day and some days i dont play that much. try to devide up your practice time though. smaller more frequent sessions are supposed to be better but if you feel like playing for 5 hours, go for it. nothing like a long jam session.
Forget scales, chords, and theory. It's much more important to learn to do a good guitar face.

It's all in the face
Quote by JohnnyV
I'm pretty sure the feeling i get when i blow my load on my computer screen is a f*ck of a lot different than when i shoot in on my girlfriend's face.

Music things

PRS SE Custom 24
Epiphone G400
Vox AC15C1
Last edited by Lots O' FX at Oct 26, 2009,
Quote by Blind In 1 Ear
yes, but if you just dont want to play one day dont force it. keep it fun. some days i dont have time to play. but for the most part i play everyday.

what to play? well what do you want to play? most of my practice time is me just jamming along to CD's. i spend about a half hour to an hour on exercises as well usually. some days i just do exercises and some days i just play.

well that depends. id say at least an hour. but play as long as you want really. some days i play almost all day and some days i dont play that much. try to devide up your practice time though. smaller more frequent sessions are supposed to be better but if you feel like playing for 5 hours, go for it. nothing like a long jam session.

I’m not sure about how possible some of the things you mention would be, but there is one setting that may interest you, if you haven’t seen it already
Quote by W>O
a.) is that right ?
Vague OP is vague.

In fact, if OPs were cities, I'd name this one Las Vague-us.

How good is "a good one"? Do you want to be Al DiMeola or a guy who plays a few recognizable songs at a party and others sing along? Both are "good" but the latter is obviously easier to achieve. How much time do you have to get there?

Just "playing" is a slow way to improve your skills.
You need to continually reinforce learned skills by repetition and add new skills to learn.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Last edited by SomeoneYouKnew at Oct 25, 2009,