hello again all,

I'm looking for some sick bass songs to learn at a not too hard pace but not easy so a kinda wicked sounding song for a average bass player.

the sorta bands i'm into are:

Machine head
Opeth
Slayer
Necrophagist
Mastodon
Metallica(early)
Pantera

so any music like them or just any sort of good metal.
thanks.
NIB - Black Sabbath
Uncle Vernon, Uncle Vernon,
independent as a hog on ice,
He's a big shot down there at the slaughterhouse,
Plays accordion for Mr. Weiss
Quote by BlitzkriegAir
NFL by Anthrax

I see your NFL and raise you Indians.

And every other song from Among the Living.
Most Slayer and Machine Head are relatively easy. Tom Araya usually just follows the kick drum or the easy riffs where he dosen't sing and Machine Head's bassist just follows the rhythm guitarist. I'd say start with Angel of Death or Aesthetics of hate, because they are not at all boring to play and you will definately improve from them.
Quote by m3tal_R3dn3ck
Most Slayer and Machine Head are relatively easy. Tom Araya usually just follows the kick drum or the easy riffs where he dosen't sing and Machine Head's bassist just follows the rhythm guitarist. I'd say start with Angel of Death or Aesthetics of hate, because they are not at all boring to play and you will definately improve from them.

haha already learned
try megadeth - bad omen
if you can do it with your fingers, bravo !
Cette nuit j'ai rêvé que je mâchais ses yeux
Après avoir crevé par accès de furie
Ta replète panse d'helminthes blancs nourrie,
Trop prompte à déféquer le fruit d'un vit sanieux.
Sleep-Dragonaut
Quote by Steve08
Acid probably makes you feel less like a hedonistic raver piece of trash, too.

Iron Maiden.
Quote by Trefellin
You know a music scene is fucked up when it becomes difficult to keep track of who killed who, who committed suicide and who alledgedly engaged in cannibalism.

LastFM
Quote by ThyHorrorCosmic
Brain Drill.

Quote by vanshaya
NIB - Black Sabbath

Class.

Also, Atheist - Mother Man.
Great and fun song on the bass.
Follow the smoke toward the riff filled land
brutal
Mother Man is intimidating but suprisingly easy so it's a good choice (there are a ridiculous amount of time signature changes in that song)
If you can tap reasonably well, Only Ash Remains - Necrophagist.

Aaaaaand

I find Cynic to be quite fun though Cynic with a fretless as intended an unmarked one once more... Makes it fun.

Ohhh. Also check out some Blotted Science.
I am me. Live with it.
^^ I've been watching that guy's covers for like the past 9 months. He is so good, both at ear-tabbing and the bass itself.
megadeth - peace sells

the intro might be a nice challenge for ya, but after that its as pretty stable, easy rhythm
My Rig:
Yamaha RBX 375 bass
Peavey Millenium BXP bass (won at Summer Slaughter 2010, signed by all the bands)
Eden Nemesis NC410 320w combo amp
Check out Tyrannicide, my death/thrash metal band:
http://www.myspace.com/tyrannicidemetal