So, because my wonderful Schecter C-1 Classic deal was cruelly torn from me, I need a new guitar to purchase.
I play mostly metal, but dabble in a lot of other styles. I am getting a new amp with the new guitar, so no need to comment on the amp situation.
I wish I didn't have to ask you guys, since I thought I'd already sorted this shit out.
I have a couple guitars I want suggestions on, if you guys will help me.

ESP LTD EX260
Epiphone Explorer (Goth or Korina?)
Schecter Tempest

If you guys have suggestions for me, know that I can't spend more than $500, and it has to be on a payment plan for anything higher than like $300. I'm trying to buy new too.
Thanks.
My babies:
-Epiphone 1958 Korina Explorer
-Peavey Vypyr 30
-Epiphone Hummingbird
Out of the three I am liking the ESP- it seems to be more suited and purpose built for what you're going to use it for.
http://www.youtube.com/user/RichManofAction

200,000 views and counting!

Quote by Perp8tualMotion
This man gets the big golden popcorn trophy which signifies an exceptionally accurate response.

Gear: Jackson SL2H, DX10DFS, Ibanez Prestige RG, Marshall JCM 2000 DSL
Probably the ESP. The Explorer and Tempest would be less versatile. Maybe an Epiphone Les Paul Custom?
Quote by lolmnt
We're better than Mexico cuz we rule USA USA USA
Quote by DimebagLivesOn
Probably the ESP. The Explorer and Tempest would be less versatile. Maybe an Epiphone Les Paul Custom?

Nah. LP just aren't my thing, I played my friends and some at a guitar shop, and they just didn't work for me. Plus, I don't like a lot of their color styles. But too each their own, I suppose.
My babies:
-Peavey Vypyr 30
-Epiphone Hummingbird
Quote by DrDeathjeans
Nah. LP just aren't my thing, I played my friends and some at a guitar shop, and they just didn't work for me. Plus, I don't like a lot of their color styles. But too each their own, I suppose.

I like my Silverburst LP Custom, I use it for jazz band and when I play metal. What about an RG? I'm not familiar with Ibanez guitars, so I don't know which one to recommend.
Quote by lolmnt
We're better than Mexico cuz we rule USA USA USA
Quote by DimebagLivesOn
I like my Silverburst LP Custom, I use it for jazz band and when I play metal. What about an RG? I'm not familiar with Ibanez guitars, so I don't know which one to recommend.

you can never go wrong with an RG iv had 2 and loved them both
Quote by scotch59
you can never go wrong with an RG iv had 2 and loved them both

You can go wrong alot in the lower end ones, like if you have someone who hates small necks and mediocre pickups.
I'm really leaning towards an Epi Explorer Korina (ebony one w/ gold hardware) cuz I'm in love with that Gibson Explorer look.
Is it good at all? Is it worth the money?
My babies:
-Peavey Vypyr 30
-Epiphone Hummingbird
If you can, look for a used 400 series LTD, they're built much better.

Also, if you want a "real" explorer shape, get the Epi.
Last edited by ShadowDonut at Oct 24, 2009,
yeah man you get grovers, a better nut, and EMGs in the 400 series, and a mahogany body if the 260 doesnt already have one. my FX is an explorer with a spalted maple top. the neck is a little thinner than other LTDs and its a really easy shape to play on, even if its not a "real" explorer.

just read your thread about your c-1 classic pipe dream being smashed! im currently devising a plan to snag one. its going to involve me trading my ibanez xiphos and somehow selling an ltd viper 200 and using that cash with the trade to get a brand new one

7 String+ ERG Legion!!

LTD Snakebyte
Agile AL-727
ESP Horizon
Warmoth Swirled 7
Schecter C-1 Classic
Frankentele
Laney Ironheart 60w + Avatar Cab

Quote by DrDeathjeans
So, because my wonderful Schecter C-1 Classic deal was cruelly torn from me, I need a new guitar to purchase.
I play mostly metal, but dabble in a lot of other styles. I am getting a new amp with the new guitar, so no need to comment on the amp situation.
I wish I didn't have to ask you guys, since I thought I'd already sorted this shit out.
I have a couple guitars I want suggestions on, if you guys will help me.

ESP LTD EX260
Epiphone Explorer (Goth or Korina?)
Schecter Tempest

If you guys have suggestions for me, know that I can't spend more than $500, and it has to be on a payment plan for anything higher than like $300. I'm trying to buy new too.
Thanks.

http://www.americanmusical.com/Item--i-SCE-C1CL-LIST

you'll thank me when you see it
What amp are u thinking of buying? ... u might need to allocate some more cash to that instead of the guitar
Quote by icpgettozone
are you legit?
No, I'm a

COMMUNIST

Quote by Daneeka
It feels a little good inside to be fair, i feel like i rocked to hard that i killed my amp.

It seems as if everyone wants to buy a hellraiser but I cant sell mine in phoenix . Does anyone else not like the silver pickup screws on a C1 classic. I was gonna buy it but I couldnt get over how it just looked weird