JesseBlanchard
626 IQ
Wrote this song a while ago. One of my bands songs. Has a little bit of a jazzy feel in some parts. Might have to change the first verse a bit. Sounds too much like A Night At The Spleen by Closure In Moscow. Influenced by Closure In Moscow, Dance Gavin Dance.

C4C
Attachments:
Nothing Good Ever Happens After 2AM.gp5
Nothing Good Ever Happens After 2AM.gp4
Nothing Good Ever Happens After 2AM.mid
intothe
852 IQ
Is the title a how I met your mother reference?
Anyway, interesting song! I can definitively hear some Dance Gavin Dance influences, as well as jazz. It doesn't sound weird though mixing the different genres I must say, you made it work
I liked the tapping lead at bar 62 it works well with transitioning into a new part
My favourite part was the verse after "segue", the first channels guitar part sounded really unique
the only negative thing I can think of is that the chorus maybe sounded a little off compared to the rest of the song, it had a slightly different feel imo.
Good and different song overall!
Msu_Man04
UG's Twitchy Fella
1,811 IQ
Love the beginning, the lead isn't too fast or anything, less is more.

I love bar 10, when everything comes in. You change it up with those triplets, which I like. The lead is awesome in bar 14.

The verse is pretty great, it's fresh and interesting, I like the drums. I like how the verse 2 is the same melody as the intro, just distorted. Love the prechorus .

The chorus is pretty awesome, very epic sounding. Love it. The segue part is a bit abrupt, but I guess it's a nice release from the loud, fast chords, which comes right back in afterwards. ^_^.

I like the screaming parts rhythm, you can tell there's something more that's gonna go on. The next chorus is great, too, obviously.

Love the presolo's build up, and I like how in the solo you mix it up with triplets and octaves, not just hitting one note at a time always. The ending is great, it sorta brings back the beginning's thing [that jazzy chord].

Great piece, I'd say 9/10. I can't think of anything to correct.

C4C? At Least You Tried, Right?, in my sig.
zachary-tfn
99 IQ
This is best post-hardcore I've heard in a while.
I love the jazz influence over the whole song. Gives it such originality.
I'm quite a fan of the lead in the first verse.
My favourite bit of the song would have to be the "screaming" part before the chorus.
And I loved the solo.
Wasn't too too difficult but wasn't easy at all. Loved it.

I'd give the song a 9.5/10.
This is one of the best songs I've heard on UG.
There's nothing I don't like about it, except the fact I'm not too big a fan of post-hardcore-ish stuff. But, I loved this. Good work.

C4C?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1220340
JesseBlanchard
626 IQ
Quote by eiirish
Is the title a how I met your mother reference?

haha. yesss. love that show. anything of yours you want me to crit?

thanks for the crits guys. i returned the favor.
huevos
Signt, oo Jaed?
1,892 IQ
Quote by JesseBlanchard
haha. yesss. love that show. anything of yours you want me to crit?

thanks for the crits guys. i returned the favor.

Some of us do it for altruistic reasons. For moral and political...nvm.

Actually, I usually don't ask for C4C unless I have a new piece out. As such, I only crit pieces that I like or presume that I like. When I see your name, Thomasoman, or Piratemetalhead on the front page, I know it's quality. No worries there.

I knew that you released a song with that title before, but I wasn't sure. Then I heard it. I was like, oh. It's from the comp. Regardless of that, this is a good piece.
herby190
Banned
7,674 IQ
I don't have time for a full crit, but I'm just gonna be honest; it was awesome. The riffs were creative, nothing really clashed, and it all sounded great. Nice choice in chords, too.