Page 1 of 2
Mesa Boogie Single Rectifier + Avatar 2x12 White Contemporary. Just wanted to share my excitement!

AND I found my perfect tone with an MXR 10 Band EQ + Bad Monkey.
TY FOR ALL THE HELP GETTING THESE TWO UG <3
Not something I'd spend the money on at all, even if I got a 50 percent off deal, but I'm sure it still sounds sweet and is quite versatile.

Happy new amp day and have fun!
looks great, especially that cab. congrats.
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
HNAD

I get jealous when i see others with Mesa's because i want one but can't get it for geographical and financial reasons, so **** you.

Enjoy it though.
Chelsea FC

Quote by Blues Hippie
As for the swim team member that drowned, it just means the swim team just got a lot better. Same with him too, it's time to move on, the weakest link is gone...
Sweet.....Hnad
Ooooh very pretty!

How does it sound?

HNA/CD
Quote by bendystraw
what's pron?

EDIT: i googled it, you guys are gross.

a2m/gape/murder/suicide/farrakhan/braziliancakefarts/bugera
Quote by TOMMYB22
HNAD

I get jealous when i see others with Mesa's because i want one but can't get it for geographical and financial reasons, so **** you.

Enjoy it though.

that is what Ebay is for!
Quote by no.mop
Ooooh very pretty!

How does it sound?

HNA/CD

well just the head- honestly; it sounds a little weak/flat. but with a 10 band eq and overdrive; it sounds GODLYYY
man, i've sorta wanted that rig for awhile. it's definitely on my list of things to get...hnad!
main rig:
MIM Tele->VP Jr.->CryBaby->Fuzz Factory->TS808->Carbon Copy->Phase 90->TU-3->Vox AC30CCH+Avatar 212 and Peavey VTM60+Marshall 1960A

Quote by necrosis1193
Fuzz...It's wonderful and horrible and beautiful and repulsive and so many things all at once.
that is b!tchin!! very nice set up
Peavey JSX 120 Half Stack
Mockingbird Evil Edge SE
Mockingbird Special(White)

Set sail to sea but pulled off course by the light of golden treasure --Hetfield, the Unforgiven Pirate

So I dub Thee Unforgiven Three! -How it should have been
Sweet, totally dig that cab!
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by DannyRL
that is what Ebay is for!

Local ebay has a small selection and i would be looking at about $2000 and importing from the states would be cheaper but the difference in voltage would require me to replace the power transformer which is very costly.

Unless i find a signed check on the street without the price written in i doubt i'm getting one of those soon.
Chelsea FC

Quote by Blues Hippie
As for the swim team member that drowned, it just means the swim team just got a lot better. Same with him too, it's time to move on, the weakest link is gone...
single rectos are great, i like them better than duals but that's just my opinion, they sound tighter and less loose.
To buy:

Line 6 MM4
Voodoo Lab power
Mesa Boogie Single rectifier
Done
Boss TU-3 Done
Shure SM58 Done

OUCH MY WALLET
How much did that set you back? I'm looking to trade my Marshall and some cash for a Mesa....particularly a solo since its a 50 watter.

I also have an MXR, so i look forward to boosting the shiaaatt outta it

ESP EC-1000 *Vintage Black*
Orange TH30 Head
Orange PPC212-OB

DiMarzio Cables
i got it used on eBay for 825 and it's in really good condition.
and the Avatar was 400 something; i forgot haha and it was a birthday gift so I only paid for the 825.

but you NEED an overdrive too. boost it both with a 10 band and an overdrive and it sounds amazing
Quote by DannyRL
i got it used on eBay for 825 and it's in really good condition.
and the Avatar was 400 something; i forgot haha and it was a birthday gift so I only paid for the 825.

but you NEED an overdrive too. boost it both with a 10 band and an overdrive and it sounds amazing

I'll look into that

I see a few on ebay now for $800-900...hopefully I can sell my Marshall for like $725, then i'll have enough!

Orange TH30 Head
Orange PPC212-OB

DiMarzio Cables
You could find one for 800$ I got mine for 800$ CAD shipped at my door.
To buy:

Line 6 MM4
Voodoo Lab power
Done
Boss TU-3 Done
Shure SM58 Done

OUCH MY WALLET
Quote by AmericanParadox
You could find one for 800$ I got mine for 800$ CAD shipped at my door.

Well, I mean, I've got like $350 throw-around cash as we speak...so even if I only got $650 for my Marshall...I can afford a nice little upgrade amp

Orange TH30 Head
Orange PPC212-OB

DiMarzio Cables
Congrats man. I'm on my second Mesa now. I had a Dual Rec a few years back, and now I'm playing a Roadster head and Mesa cab. Mesa rules. Good stuff.
Mesa/Boogie Roadster Head (custom finished)
Mesa 2 X 12 Rectifier cab (matches head)
Ibanez Prestige S 1625 Bubinga
MXR Carbon Copy
Boss NS 2
Boss TU 2
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
Quote by Ludichris@Once
Congrats man. I'm on my second Mesa now. I had a Dual Rec a few years back, and now I'm playing a Roadster head and Mesa cab. Mesa rules. Good stuff.

haha i WAS planning on getting a dual rectifier; but 100watts is too much for me; it'd be hard to crank it to get a good sound without blowing the roof of my house off
Quote by DannyRL
haha i WAS planning on getting a dual rectifier; but 100watts is too much for me; it'd be hard to crank it to get a good sound without blowing the roof of my house off

Get the single then. You won't regret it.
To buy:

Line 6 MM4
Voodoo Lab power
Done
Boss TU-3 Done
Shure SM58 Done

OUCH MY WALLET
the singles are great, i haven't found anything better about the dual than the single, maybe a bit thicker low mids on the dual, but that was possible because of the cab i played them through. but yeah, awesome, i could only imagine how sick that must sound with the EQ and OD
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
I play my single through a Marshall 1960A cab and it sounds pretty tight and thick. Also, i switched for some EL34s. Best amp ever.
To buy:

Line 6 MM4
Voodoo Lab power
Done
Boss TU-3 Done
Shure SM58 Done

OUCH MY WALLET
Quote by DannyRL

I know what you're saying, but that's one thing I love about Mesa's - even at bedroom volume levels, it still sounds decent. Not as good, but decent enough to practice with. I live in an apartment, and I've played my Roadster (I don't have a Dual Rec - there's a BIG difference - I used to own a Dual Rec though) at all hours of the night, and although it's true that you're not getting the best tone at those levels, it's still plenty good enough to get inspired. Also, each channel on Roadster can be at 50 watts, which drops the volume slightly (I don't want to get into the fact that a 100 watt amp isn't twice as loud as a 50 watt amp, and that watts don't equal volume, and blah blah blah). Anyway, nice rig man.
Mesa/Boogie Roadster Head (custom finished)
Mesa 2 X 12 Rectifier cab (matches head)
Ibanez Prestige S 1625 Bubinga
MXR Carbon Copy
Boss NS 2
Boss TU 2
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
Awesome! Protip: move the mic to the side of the speaker cone, just inside the edge. It'll sound way better than directly in the center like that. Enjoy!
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
In my ebay hunting, I see a Single Recitifier for $760 buyitnow, with free shipping IF i BuyItNow...

Damn it!! why does that have to appear now?! lol, I gotta hurry and sell my Marshall...after hearing this guy talk about his, I reaaaaally want a Mesa now..knowing i can afford one finally

Orange TH30 Head
Orange PPC212-OB

DiMarzio Cables
HNAD

enjoy
Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Gibson Explorer New Century
Gibson RD Artist
Fender American Standard Telecaster

Amps:

Framus Cobra
Marshall JCM800 2203 - 1960A

Pedals:

Crybaby 535Q
Rockbox Boiling Point Overdrive
Quote by Sid McCall
Awesome! Protip: move the mic to the side of the speaker cone, just inside the edge. It'll sound way better than directly in the center like that. Enjoy!

so basically just move it to the left edge right? so its not in the center anymore?
hottttttt.

Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Page 1 of 2