I need some new cables as mine are slowly breaking down, can anyone recommend me some Good quality cables which will last? Ive got a Gig just before christmas and i dont want some over the top crackling on stage. I need 1 for my guitar to amp, (so I'll need something strong) 2 cables for my effects loop and about 2 patch cables.
Planet wave cables are pretty good. Though i usually just use whatevers lying around ... whether there cheapies or not.
Quote by icpgettozone
are you legit?
No, I'm a

COMMUNIST

Quote by Daneeka
It feels a little good inside to be fair, i feel like i rocked to hard that i killed my amp.

I dont know what they have over in England, but I use Livewire cables from Guitar Center. They're not super expensive and they come with a lifetime warranty.

And you dont even need to keep the receipt to turn them in!

I haven't had to buy cables in 2 years now....just like it should be lol
Ibanez RG1570 - mirage red
Ibanez RG7321
Dean '79 MLF
Epiphone Explorer
Ibanez RX20- first guitar!!
Fender 12 str acoustic
Rickenbacker 620/12
Pod X3 Live
Marshall Valvestate VS-265
+ a bunch more stuff
Quote by tooxtreme26
I dont know what they have over in England, but I use Livewire cables from Guitar Center. They're not super expensive and they come with a lifetime warranty.

And you dont even need to keep the receipt to turn them in!

I haven't had to buy cables in 2 years now....just like it should be lol

Thanks I'll try looking into them
Monster Cable. But not their cheap ones, you have to go with the good ones. My whole rig is cabled up with Monster, and I notice a huge difference. This is due to the fact that they understand that the windings of the cable actually matter. It's called 'skin effect', where the bass frequencies tend to travel down the core of the cable, and the high frequencies tend to travel toward the outside, or the 'skin'. Monster uses different layers of cable that are wrapped with different windings, to offset this. They also make several types of guitar/pedal cables for different applications. I'm using Monster Rock cables (except for the speaker cable from the head to the cab - that's a 1000 series cable). But they also make Bass, Jazz, and Acoustic cables to help bring out the frequencies most associated with those instruments and in the case of the Jazz cables, that style of playing. I've been using Monster for about a decade now, and I STILL remember when I bought my first one - I plugged the guitar straight into the input to see if there was a difference. It was like somebody took a pillow off my pickups compared to the run of the mill cheap cable I was using before. Granted, they're NOT cheap, but they're good. I don't have a terribly elaborate rig (I have 4 12' cables, and a bunch of 9" pedal connector cables), and the cables alone would cost about $300 or so new. But to me it's worth it to get that tone.
Mesa/Boogie Roadster Head (custom finished)
Mesa 2 X 12 Rectifier cab (matches head)
Ibanez Prestige S 1625 Bubinga
MXR Carbon Copy
Boss NS 2
Boss TU 2
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
Monster, ugh, such a rip off. Don't get me wrong, they do shield better and use some better components, but the markup on those improvements is RIDICULOUS. The better end of LiveWire, Planet Waves, or even better, practice a bit and build your own. I make my own now whenever I can. But when I can't I generally go with LiveWire.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

VOLUME SWELLING OCTAVE MONGER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by BaffAttack
Monster, ugh, such a rip off. Don't get me wrong, they do shield better and use some better components, but the markup on those improvements is RIDICULOUS. The better end of LiveWire, Planet Waves, or even better, practice a bit and build your own. I make my own now whenever I can. But when I can't I generally go with LiveWire.

To each his own. I've used them for years and I don't feel they're a rip off. Unless Live Wires is also using a similar method to Monster's time corrected windings. I'm not a fan of Planet Waves cables, less expensive or not. I like that Planet Waves makes a ton of accessories, and I even have a few, but I don't like their cables, they just seem ordinary and don't really improve anything. Monster Rock cable has a definite sound to it, which I like. Matter of fact, when I swapped my pickups they were much brighter and I wasn't used to them, so I used my Monster Bass cable to taper the high end a little, until I could get used to the new articulate high end I had in my new pups. Building your own isn't a bad idea, with bulk Mogami cable or similar. I'm too busy to build my own, but I haven't 'added' any cables in a LONG time...my rig's pretty much stayed the same for a long time now because I'm not huge on FX. Just gimme a delay, reverb, and wah, and it's all good. My Roadster does the rest.
Mesa/Boogie Roadster Head (custom finished)
Mesa 2 X 12 Rectifier cab (matches head)
Ibanez Prestige S 1625 Bubinga
MXR Carbon Copy
Boss NS 2
Boss TU 2
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
Quote by ILiKePiNeAppLeS
Since you're in the UK, try these: http://www.award-session.com/cleartone_cables.html . I use them and they're really good and cheap

+1

or you could try those klotz la grange which have a great rep, but i haven't tried them yet. I hear they're too stiff for patch cables, though, which would be worth bearing in mind.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
monsters work for me. huge difference between that and a no name cheapo. a
The guitar makes music. The man makes the guitar.

Gear:
Epiphone Junior
Crate GX-15
Deltalab chorus pedal

Money sucks.
All I'm saying about Monster is that while they do build with extra stuff, the mark up for the extra stuff is just waaaay too much. And until a company stands up, builds the same quality cable and sells it for half as much, they'll keep ripping people off.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by BaffAttack
All I'm saying about Monster is that while they do build with extra stuff, the mark up for the extra stuff is just waaaay too much. And until a company stands up, builds the same quality cable and sells it for half as much, they'll keep ripping people off.

There are a ton of companies which are better than Monster for half the price, but Monster has brand recognition and perceived quality going for them, so they stay on top.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by Raijouta
There are a ton of companies which are better than Monster for half the price, but Monster has brand recognition and perceived quality going for them, so they stay on top.

Kinda my point, yeah.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣