I have a fender superchamp xd, which is a 15watt valve amp. I also have my old line 6 spider 2 that I didn't have anything to do with untill I can be bothered to sell it. So I decided to experiment a little and I've come up with a way of getting tube break up at low volumes, and I like it. But I'm not sure if its safe for the amp, because I haven't heard of people doing it before.

Basically what I'm doing is this:

Guitar>Superchamp's guitar input
Superchamp's speaker out> Line 6's cd/mp3 in.

I then turn down the spider's master volume, and turn up the superchamp's volume. This leaves me with the overdriven tone but at low volumes. Is this bad for the amp?
Quote by WtrPlyr
Quote by alans056
Maybe the price tag is clouding your judgment ?
yeah probably. Or the circuits.
i dont think so
in the end its just a sound as if it were to come from an mp3
note that i have no experience what so ever in this department though (bet thats what you wanted to hear )
dude. no. do not plug the speaker out into ANYTHING other than a speaker/dummy load etc. make sure the impeadances match
ESP Eclipse I CTM FR (KGC BRASS BLOCK + IronGear Blues Engine + Dirty Torque + BCS Wiring Kit
Jet City Fusion

Blackstar S1-104 EL34

Engl Standard 4x12 (V60's)

Korg PitchBlack
ZCAT Delay-Reverb
Snarling Dogs Whine-O-Wah
You might damage both amps doing that. A tube amp needs a proper load, which an mp3 input does not provide. The voltage of the speaker out could be too high for an mp3 input. I'd be more worried about the XD. Most of the tone comes from the XD's preamp. Use the line out into the mp3 in.
Last edited by fly135 at Oct 24, 2009,
Ok, well I took it out (N). Thanks guys
I guess I'll just have to wait till I make my cab amp.
Quote by WtrPlyr
Quote by alans056
Ok, well I took it out (N). Thanks guys
Quote by WtrPlyr
Quote by alans056